Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement PFD??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement PFD??

DH has a judgement on CR.  I just got a copy of this from the courthouse to see what it is (from 2003).  They never collected on it (old sears act) and I want to get this OFF the CR.  Anyone got a PFD letter for a judgement??  He signed the court documents (big surprise to me) so I cant dispute the amt or DV..............
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement PFD??

Bump
Message 2 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

You can write the PFD yourself (or use a sample one making it relevant to his situation), the damage is already on his CR, so I don't see that your wording has to be any different besides asking if they'd be willing to delete the judgment from his CR. If they refuse still be prepared to pay it in full, because you will wake a sleeping giant. Some states allow for judgments to be renewed, thus why I mention be prepared to still pay them. Also removing it from his CR isn't the only step that needs to be taken. You need to make sure the judgment is vacated etc.

If they agree to the PFD get it in writing. Also from what I've read on these matters they will need to notify the courts of the payment, so the judgment is satisfied, if not then find out if you can do this yourself, and how you can go about getting the judgment vacated. Again just giving you all the possible avenues, so you know the steps you can take.

Here is topic I found on this forum that is very informative, you may find it helpful/useful to your situation. Good Luck!

PFD Judgment Topic

Message Edited by braznyc on 03-16-2008 02:22 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF Sears accepts a PFD  they or their attorney must file a MOTION TO DISMISS

OR they can sign it and you can file it with the court.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sounds like a long and very frustrating process. I have a Civil Judgement that was reported back in 2006. Origianl Balance was $2200.00. Now its $3200.00 on my TU report! Very hard to give up that much money when im trying to save for a downpayment for a mortgage.

If im going to pay that much, i want to be 100% SURE that it will come off my TU report.

Thanks

Message Edited by theshadow12345 on 03-16-2008 11:43 AM
Message 5 of 6
braznyc
Frequent Contributor

Yes, credit repair is a long and often a hard road, but trust judgments will stop any lender from granting a mortgage, they will want proof that any judgment on your CR is paid/released/satisfied etc before closing. If you pay the judgment and they don't delete it, you yourself can petition the court to vacate it, and use that to get it deleted. There is usually always a way to success with these matters. Some people get things deleted fairly quickly some don't, thus the YMMV.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.