Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement Removed

Ok so if the debt was mine as a co signer and it's been paid in full then how do I get it removed or at least updated to show that it's been paid? And it was paid well before the 21 days that the garnishment letter indicated. So to my way of thinking it should not have been posted to my credit report at all since it was paid off before the 21 day deadline.
Message 11 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would first contact the Courthouse where the judgement was made and find out from them if it is still there since you have a release letter and request they have it removed. I would also find a number or email address for someone higher up in the CRA and send them your information and see what they can do.
Message 12 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just adding to this post,I think i may have posted this prior, Forgive ME!!
What is the best way to start tackling this issue, help is greatly appreciated.
I did disputed online with Experian, they told me it was an HSBC Account, but i cant be sure, I did receive a letter from HSBC, like a few days after!
I have a letter ready for the other 2 CA's to dispute. Maybe this is a stupid comment but of all the things on CR, i would like to start with this. i do desperately need feedback.
EXPERIAN
Judgment filed on Apr 01, 2004
Court of law [?]Not reported
Case number [?] 1011034
Date filed [?] 1-Apr-04
Status [?]Not on Record
Status date [?]Apr-04
Amount [?]$3,569
Plaintiff [?]Not reported
Defendant [?]Not reported

EQUIFAX
Court of law [?]Not Reported
Case number [?] 426VC00147
Date filed [?] 1-Apr-04
Status [?] Not on Record
Amount [?] 3569
Plaintiff [?] Not Reported
Defendant [?] Not Reported

TRANSUNION
Civil judgement
Court of law [?]Not reported
Case number [?] 405171706
Date filed [?] Not reported
Status [?]Not on Record
Date reported [?]Apr-04
Amount [?]$3,569
Plaintiff [?]Not reported
Defendant [?]Not reported

^^BUMP^^
Message 13 of 52
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

If proper procedure followed, getting the Judgement removed from CR is much easier than others think it is. First step is to come up with an agreement with Creditor or CA that once you settle the amount and payment made, they will file with the Court some thing called "Voluntary NonSuit". Basically with that the plaintiff saying, I dont have enough evidence to proceed with the case. Once the Plaintiff files the non suit with the court, then court will dismiss the case.

Once the case is dismissed CRA legally can not report the judgment as the case dismissed and judgment does not exist. However if you dont get the nonsuit letter or get a no objection letter to "motion to vacate the judgement" then even if you pay the money, it is considered as judgement satisfied and they it will stay on your CR for 7 years or 11 years. I dont remember how many years, but for sure it is very long.

In my case all 3 judgements are handled by the same Atty and he filed "Voluntary NonSuit" and all there 3 judgements dismissed. It just the last one TU took bit longer than to remove, but finally they removed.

Now I have to work getting rid off 3 Paid Collections and some of the lates. I should have taken the PFD letters when I paid the collections. I am going to do DV and see if I can get those collections out.
Message 14 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
If proper procedure followed, getting the Judgement removed from CR is much easier than others think it is. First step is to come up with an agreement with Creditor or CA that once you settle the amount and payment made, they will file with the Court some thing called "Voluntary NonSuit". Basically with that the plaintiff saying, I dont have enough evidence to proceed with the case. Once the Plaintiff files the non suit with the court, then court will dismiss the case.
Once the case is dismissed CRA legally can not report the judgment as the case dismissed and judgment does not exist. However if you dont get the nonsuit letter or get a no objection letter to "motion to vacate the judgement" then even if you pay the money, it is considered as judgement satisfied and they it will stay on your CR for 7 years or 11 years. I dont remember how many years, but for sure it is very long.
In my case all 3 judgements are handled by the same Atty and he filed "Voluntary NonSuit" and all there 3 judgements dismissed. It just the last one TU took bit longer than to remove, but finally they removed.
Now I have to work getting rid off 3 Paid Collections and some of the lates. I should have taken the PFD letters when I paid the collections. I am going to do DV and see if I can get those collections out.

Concorduser, thank you, in your opinion, getting an Atty is better to assist in getting the Judgement removed? in my situation it is only 1, would i be able to tackle this on my own?
Message 15 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concorduser,
What type of attorney did you use? I know I will have to get an attorney to work with me. As the people that my uncle owed money to are truly ignorant and I had to literally BEG them to meet me at the courts to pay them off last summer. I flew in from Dallas to Detroit and called them up and requested that they meet me at the court becuase I wanted to get the satisfaction of judgement papers. The court clerk told me that I had to get them to sign it before the garnishment would be released. Well, after contacting them by phone they refused to come to the court that day and I had to take another day off from work etc in order to get them to come down to get the money. So asking them to work with me is out of the question. And since I live in Dallas and this suit was in Detroit my ability to get back to the courts is a little impossible at the moment so I think an attorney would be best in my situation. Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to be stuck with this on my reports for over 7 years and it's been paid off!!
Message 16 of 52
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi sasmith, I really dont think you need an atty for this task. If you are in good terms with the creditor all they have to do is write to the judge stating " plaintiff files voluntary nonsuit" that is it. That is all they did for me. That caused the judge to dimiss the case and judgement removed as if never existed. Make sure you never get the "judgement satisfied" from court. That will not help you. If you like you can check with your local atty who is familiar with your local laws, but in my openion, it is some thing you can handle your self with some advice.

Hi Zetagirl, I am not sure in your case what is the bestt thing in your case. I still think you can do most of the paperwork by mail and these things in the legal system takes several days any way. In my openion you can call some of the local atty and see if they can help you. But for a small case like this they might charge you lot of money as fee, I am not sure if it is worth it. My suggestion is see if the creditor is willing to work with you. All they have to do is file the "non Suit" with the court and agree to "motion to vacate judgement". Let me know how you make out and fee free to send me a PM if you need more inforamtion.

I can share my experience, but I am not an Atty so I can not give you legal advice. You have to decide what ever you think is best for you.
Message 17 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:
Hi sasmith, I really dont think you need an atty for this task. If you are in good terms with the creditor all they have to do is write to the judge stating " plaintiff files voluntary nonsuit" that is it. That is all they did for me. That caused the judge to dimiss the case and judgement removed as if never existed. Make sure you never get the "judgement satisfied" from court. That will not help you. If you like you can check with your local atty who is familiar with your local laws, but in my openion, it is some thing you can handle your self with some advice.

Concorduser, thank you, thank you..
Message 18 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Concorduser,
What type of attorney did you use? I know I will have to get an attorney to work with me. As the people that my uncle owed money to are truly ignorant and I had to literally BEG them to meet me at the courts to pay them off last summer. I flew in from Dallas to Detroit and called them up and requested that they meet me at the court becuase I wanted to get the satisfaction of judgement papers. The court clerk told me that I had to get them to sign it before the garnishment would be released. Well, after contacting them by phone they refused to come to the court that day and I had to take another day off from work etc in order to get them to come down to get the money. So asking them to work with me is out of the question. And since I live in Dallas and this suit was in Detroit my ability to get back to the courts is a little impossible at the moment so I think an attorney would be best in my situation. Any advice offered would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to be stuck with this on my reports for over 7 years and it's been paid off!!

ZGirl, goodluck !
Message 19 of 52
Leele
Established Member

I have 2 paid  judgements on Transunion and Equifax how did you get them removed, please let me know.

Thanks
Message 20 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.