Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement Removed

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Re: Judgement Removed

anyone know how long a judgement stays on you report before in gets deleted in massachusetts?
Message 41 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Child support judgments: Remain seven years from the date the judgment is filed.

Civil and small claim judgments: Remain seven years from the date the judgment is filed.

johnpalley wrote:
anyone know how long a judgement stays on you report before in gets deleted in massachusetts?

Message 42 of 52
johnpalley
Established Contributor

sidewinder . thanks
Message 43 of 52
nancyb10
Established Member

I had 2 judgements removed because I kept disputing them because I went bankrupt, I am also new to this boared and I am hooked thans for all the great advise.
Message 44 of 52
nathan
Frequent Contributor

My 7 yrs old judgement got removed from exp and I lost 10 points. It looks like the judgment may have been helping than hurting my score.
Message 45 of 52
fused
Moderator Emeritus

nathan wrote:
My 7 yrs old judgement got removed from exp and I lost 10 points. It looks like the judgment may have been helping than hurting my score.

A judgment can't help anyone, something else must have changed
Message 46 of 52
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Trust me, i went through my report thoroughly and nothing changed but the fact that the judgement is gone. I check true credit daily.
Message 47 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did you do that? I have one judgement and I just settled it recently but EQ and TU wouldnt take it out. What steps did you take? This is the only thing that is holding me back on getting a mortgage. Any advice would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Btw, congrats on getting them removed!
Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took care of mine recently but I havent had TU or EQ take it out. I called the courthouse and asked who filed the judgement against me. I then asked for their number and I called and asked if I can settle for less. They accepted. I owed $1200 but the accepted $800. Although I had to mail it with in a week. They asked for my checking account info but I refused to give it up simply because they can take the whole amount that I owed and I really didnt have any money for it. So if you are contemplating if you are going to pay, make sure you pay with a cashiers check or money gram.
Message 49 of 52
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@nathan wrote:
Trust me, i went through my report thoroughly and nothing changed but the fact that the judgement is gone. I check true credit daily.

Was that your last public record? If so, you were assigned to a new score bucket, where people don't have public records, and your scores dipped briefly as you are now compared against a new batch of consumers, many of whom have a little better credit than you. Your scores should recover soon, and they now have the potential to go a lot higher.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.