Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement not on Credit report

tag
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Judgement not on Credit report

I was sued by Discover card, throu Wolpoff & Abramson LLC, some time last year. No having read this forum I did not show up and finally they got judgement by default. I got a letter from the Collin County court house stating this. However, this judgement was signed in March, 2006 and does not appear on any of my credit reports (good thing I hope)
Whose responsibility is it to report that info the the CRA's, the courts or the the suing party?Secondly, the judgement is charging interest on a $9232 debt at 7.5%/yr.

I have written tothe lawyers twice in an effort to settle but they don't respond. What should I do now?

Thanks for your help. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Judgement not on Credit report

Anyone??????
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

You are lucky it is not reporting.

I am suprised Wolpoff & Abramson is not responding to your settlement. They are pretty agressive.
Message 3 of 5
Takunda1
Established Contributor

I am surprised too considering their automated system calls me everyday. I don't want to speak to anyone over the phone, soI never call them back.  When they sued they calimed to be suing on behalf of Discover card. However I am a little suspicious. I think they bought the debt from  Discover then sued me. Unfortunately I have no proof.

So who reports to the Credit Bureause? The COurts or the the company that sued and won?
Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Takunda1 wrote:
I am surprised too considering their automated system calls me everyday. I don't want to speak to anyone over the phone, soI never call them back.  When they sued they calimed to be suing on behalf of Discover card. However I am a little suspicious. I think they bought the debt from  Discover then sued me. Unfortunately I have no proof.

So who reports to the Credit Bureause? The COurts or the the company that sued and won?

The courts. It's ok to call and negotiate a verbal PFD. Just get the final in writing before sending any money.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.