Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement still open from company no longer in existence

tag
DavenTenorio
Established Member

Judgement still open from company no longer in existence

I'm in the process of getting a job that requires a security review. Though the judgement is not on any credit reports, it is showing up on an old security license I've held before in 2005 as PENDING. The court will not satisfy without the attorney signing off, the attorney can't sign off without the debtor authorizing , and the debtor doesn't exist any longer.

The company, NORTH SHORE AUTO FINANCE INC which was the original debtor was sold to another company which as went out of business with no one to contact. Leaving my judgement open without anyone to satisfy or close or vacate.

How do I get this removed from court records? Gain, it's not on any credit reports, just an open docket with the courts in Ohio
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Judgement still open from company no longer in existence

That sounds a bit odd.  If you paid the judgment the attorney is required by law to report the satisfaction to the court.  Whether or not the creditor oks it.  You have paid what you owe and that is what you are supposed to do.

The only time I could see the attorney needing an OK from the creditor would be to have it vacated.

I would talk to another attorney and ask them for advice.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If I am reading the post correctly, the judgment remains unpaid, and you cant find the currrent owner to pay it?

If that is the case, I would notify the court of your attempts to satisfy the judgment, and that the current heir to the judgment debt cannot be located.

I'm sure that is a common occurence, and that the court has set procedures for handing such issues, and can advise as to your legal requirements.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.