Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgement !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgement !!!

I recently bought a new car & was informed I had a judgement against me on my credit.

I found out it was from this truck driving school I went to near Portland Oregon.

The contract was that Swift trucking would pay for your schooling as long as you drove with them for a year after you recieved your CDL.  I did drive with them for a few months & only left because I was fired!!!

After I had been driving for a few months I found out a lump on my neck was cancer & had to go through several months of chemo. I received a letter from Swift saying that I was being let go due to excessive medical bills.

Thus my driving school contract became null & void. I began getting collection letters for the $2000.00 bill of the school & swift however I was so swamped with medical bills I paid it no mind.

Jump ahead 7 years & they filed a judement against me. How can this happen when THEY broke our contract??

Can anyone point me in any direction??

By the way, I never recieved any notice of a judgement at all. This came as a big surprise to me.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgement !!!

bump
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the agreement that says you are required to work for them for a year? When two people enter into a contract, it is voided if either party fails to perform according to the contract. In this instance, you failed to perform (work for them for a year) - however, it was THEIR decision - they prevented you from fulfilling your terms of the contract. You may want to read the fine print of that contract though - there may have been some small print regarding the conditions which excuse you from failing to perform. If you don't have one - you could play a trick and see if they'll send you a new contract (hopefully it'll be the same one). This seems EXTREMELY unfair and I think it would present a good basis for a lawsuit. So sorry to hear about this mess. :-(
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Texsloan wrote:
I recently bought a new car & was informed I had a judgement against me on my credit.

Have you pulled your CRs for yourself?
Do you know the state and court where the judgment was obtained?
What state are you in?
In what was the judgment obtained?
What was the date the judgment was obtained?
Do you have anything from Swift trucking?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.