Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment Debt Collector

tag
Vapchez
Valued Member

Judgment Debt Collector

I currently have a judgment as a co-applicant for a car loan with my brother.  Unfortunately, I've been stuck making the payments since it's inception.  The judgment was handled by a law firm and that's who the payment is made to every month.  I forgot to mail them a payment last month.  It looks like they have pulled my credit report.  I live in NC and the judgment is in VA.  Does anyone know if a creditor collecting a judgment has the right to pull your credit report if you don't give them authorization?  Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment Debt Collector

Vapchez wrote:
I currently have a judgment as a co-applicant for a car loan with my brother.  Unfortunately, I've been stuck making the payments since it's inception.  The judgment was handled by a law firm and that's who the payment is made to every month.  I forgot to mail them a payment last month.  It looks like they have pulled my credit report.  I live in NC and the judgment is in VA.  Does anyone know if a creditor collecting a judgment has the right to pull your credit report if you don't give them authorization?  Thanks!

No thy do not but there is some debate on this matter.  Check out PP credit pulls letter in the stickies.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.