Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment....Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Judgment....Please help

I LIVE IN ILLINOIS ALSO AND I PAID A JUDGEMENT LAST JULY.  THE GREAT THING ABOUT ILLINOIS IS ONCE YOU PAY THE JUDGEMENT AND GET THE SATISFACTION AND RELEASE STAMPED YOU MUST GO TO THE COOK COUNTY RECORDER OF DEEDS TO FILE YOUR SATISFACTION.  I BELIEVE IT COST ME $30 SOMETHING DOLLARS.   UNDER ORDER ON YOUR SATISFACTION IT READS: IT IS HEREBY ORDER.......THE JUDGEMENT HERTOFORE ENTERED BY THE COURT IN THE ABOVE TITLED MATTER IS HEREBY VACATED AND HELD FOR NAUGHT.   I KEPT READING THAT OVER AND OVER BECAUSE I SENT THE CERTIFIED COPIES TO ALL OF THE CREDIT BUREAUS AND THEY UPDATED IT AS SATISFIED, BUT THE JUDGEMENT WAS DISMISSED AND ONCE YOU FILE THAT AT THE RECORDER OF DEEDS THAT'S WHAT THE CREDIT BUREAUS WILL FIND WHEN THEY CHECK IT AND YOU MUST BRING IT TO THEIR ATTENTION.  SO ALL, 3 CREDIT BUREAUS FINALLY REMOVED IT ONCE I DISPUTED THE FACT THAT THEY ONLY UPDATED IT AS PAID.  I ACTUALLY PAID OFF OVER $9000 WORTH OF DEBT IN THE LAST YEAR IN ORDER TO GET PREPARED TO BUY A HOME AND WILL BE CLOSING IN TWO WEEKS.  I DID A LOT OF WORK ON MY CREDIT, GOT THE JUDGEMENT REMOVED, PAID SOME OLD DEBTs THROUGH SETTLEMENTS, AND PAID SOME IN FULL AND ACTUALLY RAISED MY CREDIT SCORES OVER 100 POINTS IN LESS THAN 8 MONTHS TIME. I MUST SAY MY SCORE DID NOT GO UP A GREAT DEAL AFTER THE JUDGEMENT Was REMOVED TO MY SURPRISE. EXPERIAN HAS BEEN THE GREATEST GAINER WITH ALL OF THE DEBTS I'VE PAID.  YOU HAVE TO BE DILLIGENT IN DISPUTING AND POINTING THINGS OUT TO THOSE CREDIT BUREAUS.  IF I HADN'T POINTED IT OUT, THAT JUDGEMENT WOULD BE STILL ON MY CREDIT REPORTS LISTED AS SATISFIED, BUT THEY HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY REMOVED.  THANK GOD I FOLLOWED MY GUT AND DISPUTED IT BECAUSE I HAD READ IN SOME OTHER FORUM THAT IT COULD NOT BE DONE IN ILLINOIS.  YES IT CAN BE DONE READ YOUR SATISFACTION AND GO TO THE RECORDER OF DEEDS AND GET THAT SATISFACTION RECORDED AND IT WILL GET REMOVED.  IT'S WELL WORTH THE THIRTY SOMETHING DOLLAR FEE IT COST TO FILE IT.
BLESSING TO YOU RMONEGAIN

Message Edited by RMONEGAIN on 07-05-2007 09:43 PM

Message Edited by RMONEGAIN on 07-05-2007 09:44 PM
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

^^^ The caps, dude, the caps... My eyes are crossed.  Smiley Indifferent

Rob
Message 12 of 15
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

RMONEGAIN wrote:
I LIVE IN ILLINOIS ALSO AND I PAID A JUDGEMENT LAST JULY....... 

BLESSING TO YOU RMONEGAIN

Good for you!  Persistance pays off and I agree, always follow your gut.  This was very informative... I hope it helps out others and I'm sure it will.

And yes, please don't type in all caps... it's considered shouting, if you didn't know. 

Thank you for sharing your experience and blessings back at you.  
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 13 of 15
lugger26
New Visitor

I also live in illinois.  Where do I get the satisfaction and release form?  I paid off the debt but they didn't send anything all they did was report to credit bureas as satisfied
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Back to the OP's original question ... paying the judgments will not result in a big score increase.  From FICO's perspective, once an account goes into collections and then to judgment, it's in never-never land and you can't rehabilitate it by paying.  But over time, the effect of the judgment on your score will be less, and your score can rise if you pay your bills on time and are otherwise responsible with the use of your credit. 
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.