Established Contributor
Boscoe

Juniper reverses their CLD for me!!

Well, some good news from Barclay's/Juniper.  They reversed my CLD and gave me my original line back!

A little history: Last April, I applied for one of their promos (USAirways visa), and was approved for a $3k CL.  During the anti-Jumani last December, I got hit for a CLD all the way down to $500.  Yes, $500, like an 18 year old in college gets. 

Their reasoning? "We've adjusted your CL to reflect your spending".

So, yesterday I decided to push the envelope on this.  I called and the CSR gives me the same old line....denied for a CLI, you will get a letter in the mail, blah blah blah.

I then asked for a supervisor and told her that I have never been late, the $500 CL was what a college student gets, I can't use more than $50 or I would adversely affect my credit score, etc. etc. 

I really didn't get her attention too much until I said that I had a $3k limit before and was just looking to get the $500 increased so I could use this card more.....

She agreed and said "Oh, now I see.  You had a $3k limit before....ok, I changed it back, so you should be all set".

I said "Thank you for the excellent customer service" and that was that.  Checked my card online a few hours later and the $3k CL was back!!

So, ask for a supervisor, be nice, give them reasons to reinstate your old CL, or at least part of it.

Good luck.

Valued Contributor
Guardian

Re: Juniper reverses their CLD for me!!

I am happy for you and that you got that reversed. Unfortunately it might be an isolated situation because I got the whole adjusted to match your spending crap and I called, no luck, wrote them, no luck and I know many others got nowhere too. So I would consider you lucky and I am personally happy for you and glad you got it.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Established Contributor
Donks3369

Wow.  I agree this may be an isolated incident.  They just rate jacked me but I only have a $300 limit so I can't even carry a balance anyway.  All this will 700 scores.  And they wonder why I don't use their card.
Valued Contributor
Guardian

Donks3369 wrote:
Wow.  I agree this may be an isolated incident.  They just rate jacked me but I only have a $300 limit so I can't even carry a balance anyway.  All this will 700 scores.  And they wonder why I don't use their card.

Yeah that is ridiculous. I mean with a CL that low, any usage practically makes your util a nightmare. I can't believe they pull this crap and expect things to get better when they are sabotaging the people can get them out of it. Oh well, their loss how I see it. I have taken the approach of, you screw with me, I will sockdrawer your card and use the ones that treat me right. I have plenty of credit to go around and will not put up with crap like this. Hell I will go back to using cash before I put up with this. Unfortunately not everyone has that option, which sucks.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}