Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Getting Back Into Game

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Just Getting Back Into Game

Ok, I am just starting to get back into the game. I need to pull my credit and see what both my husband and I are score wise. I guess that is the first step. I know that most of the items are correct. I have a lot of Paid Collections that are still riding out there. Any suggestions on where to start? I know the obvious of paying on time. Just need my sanity back and a decent credit score. I am sure at this moment I am below the 500 mark.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Getting Back Into Game

GW letters to all paid accounts!
Message 2 of 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

thanks, I will let you know how it goes. I have 10 accts on his credit to do. All paid. Working on getting them out today. I have a million lates with Americredit. Do you know if they will do a goodwill since I have cleaned up pay history with them and no lates in last 6 months?
Message 3 of 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Just an update.....One of my husband's GW Letter's worked. I got a deletion from (EX). I can pull that report anytime since i have the report #. I just need to see if it worked on the other reports. Will review in a few months so I can see if anymore come off. Now I am about to start sending out my huge stack of my GW Letters. Wish me Luck!
Message 4 of 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

I just sent my first 7 GW Letters on myself to my creditors. What is the normal turn time for seeing results? Will I be notified or just have to keep watch of my credit reports? Thanks for all the help. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO time consuming. I didnt realize that to actually fix it would be so hard. I am encouraged though b/c  I did get a medical collection off DH credit report with short turn time.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.