Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Wanted to Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just Wanted to Share

I currently have 2 Capital One credit cards (Secured opened 4/14 and QS1, opened 10/14) Back in the beginning of May 2014 I applied for a Capital One 360 account and was denied because of my EQ score. Well yesterday I got a email from Capital One telling me that I should apply for the 360 account because I am a "valued" customer. I never received a email like that and thought maybe I should apply. I didnt need a HP so I researched as much as possible about whether it will be a SP or HP......I looked at my EQ report and seen a SP from Capital One on the day I applied for the 360 account in May and not a HP at all. So I applied and this time I was approved!

I checked all my reports again and Capital One only did a SP on EQ to open the account. I didnt want Overdraft Protection but if you do that will be a hardpull.

I hope I like this account! Everything I have read that they offer I already like! Free checking, free debit card, free first book of checks and I am able to view that account next to my Capital One credit card accounts. They are also giving away $50 when you open a account and use your debit card 3 times in the next 45 days!

I just wanted to share that opening a checking account with Capital One360 was only a SP and not HP...I believe that it use to be a hardpull
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just Wanted to Share

Congratulations on your new checking account. CapOne gets a lot of grief on here from many of the members, but I have only had positive experiences with them. Does CapOne have brick and mortar locations where you live? Glad you were able to get it with a SP.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You and I do! There are a couple I believe but I really only know where 1 is and its only like 10 minutes away from me. Its a capital one bank but when I was searching how to add money I read that you cant go into a regular capital one branch to do anything with a Capital One 360 account. You can only use the ATM?

I also have only had great experiences with Capital One since I started using them again. I had a Cap One card from 2004 and It got charged off. I dont think I ever paid it but they still gave me a second chance! I havent had a problem yet (knock on wood) lol.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear that you have had positive experiences as well. 

Message 4 of 10
someg33k
Established Contributor

Congrats!

My 360 checking and savings there was only a SP as well a few months ago. Dumping Citi checking due to increase in service charges. Since I have checking / savings accounts with Cap1, DCU and NASA now,  I opened my Citi checking / savings 7 years ago and for the first time a few months ago needed new checks, rarely write paper checks. I was shocked at what they wanted to charge me for checks. Cap1 and the Credit Unions are free! Screw Citi Bank!

Message 5 of 10
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing. I actually love capitalone. Their Venture card is the best thing since sliced bread.
Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, i didn't know they had such a thing as capital one 360 café

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I just seen that too!! You also get discounts when you use your 360 debit card there. Unfortunately I dont have one near me Smiley Sad but its a pretty cool idea.
Message 8 of 10
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

I have a Capital One 360 account. I love it! I got it when it was still ING. I only have a very small overdraft limt but my husbands is much bigger. I have a capital one CC but the rewards stink (had it for years too).

Only bad thing is you can only have 1 checking account so if you want a joint checking, you or the other person has to give up their checking account (assuming you both have 1). Hopefully this will change in the future.

Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 9 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.