Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just applied fpr Citi platinum select...advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just applied fpr Citi platinum select...advice

Sunnybity wrote:
Thanks for the info.  I just called and they had to update some information that was lacking.  The CSR told me that I had been approved with a $500 credit limit.  They're stingy.  I was told by one of my co-workers that they gave nice cl.  Oh well, just think in Jan '07 my scores were in the 500's.  I'm still a work in progress.

That's great!  MUCH better than a denial, right?
Message 11 of 20
Sunnybity
Contributor

Yes, much better than a denial.  Thank you for helping me return to earth.  Does anyone know how they are with CLI?  Can I ask at activation? Smiley Indifferent
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was (is) my first CC since my "credit downfalling" from college (of which I'm *just* about finished paying off). It's been a few years since I've had any open CC accounts, so maybe they saw that in conjunction with my on time student loan payments and my decent annual household income. My score at the time of my application (~3 months ago) was in the 630s I believe (649 right now). Regardless, I was expecting the worst when they told me they'd "get back to me" in regards to my application. I was definitely not expecting a card to come in the mail soon after.

The "platinum select" is just to make the consumer feel special, I'm pretty sure. There's no benefits or rewards programs with this card, though I'm still cruising with 0%, which I think is 6 months. They gave me $1000 limit.
Message 13 of 20
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

they r but its a start u can get cli atleast thats a good thing do you have the main # so i can call thanx
Message 14 of 20
Sunnybity
Contributor

I don't have the main number.  I called the number you posted 1-800-347-4934 and the rep transferred me.  The rep who updated my info and said I was approved gave this number in case the card didn't arrive in 7 days (or something like that) 1-800-950-5114.  Good luck!Smiley Tongue
Message 15 of 20
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

thanx
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sunnybity wrote:
Yes, much better than a denial. Thank you for helping me return to earth. Does anyone know how they are with CLI? Can I ask at activation? Smiley Indifferent

They won't give it to you at activation. Wait 3 months and request it online. As long as you're not maxed out, I'm sure they'll approve. I went from 3.5k to 10k in one year. Sweet deal!
Message 17 of 20
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

i hear alot about cli at activation i guess certin comapanys give u that opition, im just curious y would they give you a higher limit if they already gave you a set limit??? maybe your score improved within the last time they pulled your report??

Message Edited by jasmine2007 on 08-02-2007 07:37 AM

Message Edited by jasmine2007 on 08-02-2007 07:37 AM
Message 18 of 20
future
Frequent Contributor

sunny what the state are you in, you said they eq rite
Message 19 of 20
Sunnybity
Contributor

I'm in Florida and yes they pulled Equifax.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.