Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just enrolled in Amex Credit Secure

tag
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Just enrolled in Amex Credit Secure

Really great interface. The fako scores look out of wack and wayyyyy too high. I actually chuckled a bit when i saw them. Four questions though. Is Credit Secure by Amex actually worth the $14.99? Is there a better service out there for relatively less or slightly more? Also is the inquiries tab for all credit reports (EX, TU, EQ) actually legit? I find it very hard to believe that i only have 2 hard inquiries on my TU report. How can i check the soft inq on my credit report through Credit Secure?

ANY insight will be appreciated!

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Involver
Valued Contributor

Re: Just enrolled in Amex Credit Secure

Credit Secure can definitely be useful for certain things ...

And speaking of INQs, yes the counts are legit.  

You cannot check your softs through CS.

Message 2 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have it as a credit monitoring service, and for help if I do suffer from ID theft.  I consider it worth it.  And you can't trust any scores any more, even MyFICO's, as there are way too many versiuons of everything.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Is Credit Secure by Amex actually worth the $14.99? Is there a better service out there for relatively less or slightly more?

Worth and better are always highly subjective.  Refer to the CMS thread for other alternatives and see if any might suit you better.

@Membersince2013 wrote:

I find it very hard to believe that i only have 2 hard inquiries on my TU report. How can i check the soft inq on my credit report through Credit Secure?

Pull your TU report to verify.  Soft inquiries are only available on reports acquired directly from each of the CRA's.  You won't get them via a CMS.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.