tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found out about a collections record on Experian report

My Fico scores are:

Transunion = 757
Equifax = 725
Experian = 665

The reason for the Experian being lower is due to having a collection on record from a medical bill in the amount of $21 which was paid on 8/2006. I moved last year and the radiologist sent the bill to my old address and I never received those and when the collections company contacted me on my new adresses I paid it immediately. I had no idea that they would report it to the Experian.

Is it normal for a collection to show on one of the credit bureaus (Experian) only?

I had never taken my Experian report before (I was going with myFico Equifax and Transunion). When I found out about it two weeks ago I sent a plead letter to the collections agency to remove it from Experian but I have not heard back. What can I do at this point?

Any advise is appreciated.

Message Edited by thomasil74 on 09-20-2007 06:28 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just found out about a collections record on Experian report

Dispute as either not mine or agency agreed to delete when payment made...Payment made on 08-2006.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a Myfico Experian credit score check this afternoon and my score in 2 weeks went from 665 to 759. The collections dropped the collections entry in my Experian credit report. I am so happy today!!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go! what a great increase....Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.