Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just getting above water. Now what?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just getting above water. Now what?

DV 3 Cap One accounts and they were verified.  One sent orig app with signature, the other two said it was open via phone or internet.  Do I request for additional proof?

After the accounts are verified do I gw or pfd? would like to get these settled and paid?  DV'ed 3 other accounts and no response, what should I do now.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just getting above water. Now what?

tryintogetrite wrote:
DV 3 Cap One accounts and they were verified.  One sent orig app with signature, the other two said it was open via phone or internet.  Do I request for additional proof?

After the accounts are verified do I gw or pfd? would like to get these settled and paid?  DV'ed 3 other accounts and no response, what should I do now.

Who did you send DV to  a CA  or the OC??  You only DV a CA!!!!

A CA has 30 days to validate or stop reporting!

What is the DOFD or DOLA on all of them?  What is your SOL?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

First question, are these really your accounts?  Since it is possible to open credit accounts online, any transactions that required signature can be used as proof that you opened an account.  If you are trying to have valid accounts removed other than through GW,  I can't endorse it.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I DV'ed cap One (Stupid) But I didn't read the post on the forums.
The other 3 were CA's

The DOFD on Cap One says DOLast Payment is 12/2003 The SOL is 6 yrs in New York. 
The others are pretty much around the same dates.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I  get proof.  I just want to make sure they are my account, my EX could have opened them without my knowledge.  I have no knowledge of one of the Cap One accounts.  Other than that I want to pay off what I owe and make sure they are valid accounts and amount Just not sure what action to take next.  Also do I ask for a settlement on what was charged off or the balance past due as of today's date. If I'm not mistaken does that mean GW is in order?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing in FDCPA provides a time limit for when a CA must reply to a DV request.

It does state they must cease all collection activity until DV is provided.

tryintogetrite wrote:

I DV'ed cap One (Stupid) But I didn't read the post on the forums.
The other 3 were CA's

The DOFD on Cap One says DOLast Payment is 12/2003 The SOL is 6 yrs in New York. 
The others are pretty much around the same dates.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.