cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got a BK discharge but my score DROPPED by 12 points!!! Why???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got a BK discharge but my score DROPPED by 12 points!!! Why???

I just don't understand this. Any insight?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just got a BK discharge but my score DROPPED by 12 points!!! Why???

Most likely because with the BK coming off you were placed in a new credit catagory with people without a BK. The drop however should be temporary.
Message 2 of 4
bl00dymary
Valued Member

BK discharge does not mean it is dropping off of your credit report.  It stays on for ten years AFTER the discharge date.  So that is a pretty new BK if it was just discharged.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

bl00dymary wrote:
BK discharge does not mean it is dropping off of your credit report.  It stays on for ten years AFTER the discharge date.  So that is a pretty new BK if it was just discharged.

I was thinking the same thing as I read the posting. Perhaps some additional info would help us understand the question better. Did you just get your BK discharged?  If so, you are looking at anywhere from 7 to 10 years or the BK being reported and your scores may drop even further before they start going back up. Don't give up though. Some of us have been there and there is light at the end of the tunnel even if it seems ages away.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.