cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

And I'm down 2 points........BOOO!!!Smiley Sad  

Y'all thought it was good news didn't you?!!!  Smiley Very Happy LOL, so did I.............SOUR!Smiley Mad

Still can't think of why though, all it says is:

Your FICO® score went down on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:
  • There was a change on your credit report that lowered your score but did not trigger an alert. For example, the balance on an account might have increased enough to lower your score, but not enough to trigger a balance increase alert.
  • You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed. For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO score in the future.

I know I didn't have any balance increases, so I'm hoping it's reason number 2.

Although it's a loss, I'm totally excited about my alert.

Any thoughts on why I lost 2 would be appreciated. 

Think the FICO gods saw me dancing in my office to Michael Jackson?  oooh, bet I almost took their eyes outSmiley Indifferent

-trini

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

You joined myFico on 06/18/2007 and you are just now getting a score alert!!! WOW. Didn't you just finish up with your free trial?? During my free trial, it seems I was getting alerts couple of times a week....most of them good.

Anyway, ya think your credit history lengthened? This wacko system never seems to amaze me. On  one of my reports, it tells me as my credit history lengthens, my score will improve. Your scenario puzzles me!!! Smiley Indifferent

Message Edited by flygirl on 07-19-2007 03:53 PM
Message 2 of 17
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

"Understanding FICO Scoring" is an oxymoron  ;D
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 17
annah618
Established Member

I got one today after a dry spell... down one point for new activity on a card that was reported as inactive for the last 3 months. (It wasn't really inactive, it had a credit balance and I just used it up instead of having them send me a refund) grrr...
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

flygirl wrote:
You joined myFico on 06/18/2007 and you are just now getting a score alert!!! WOW. Didn't you just finish up with your free trial?? During my free trial, it seems I was getting alerts couple of times a week....most of them good.

Anyway, ya think your credit history lengthened? This wacko system never seems to amaze me. On  one of my reports, it tells me as my credit history lengthens, my score will improve. Your scenario puzzles me!!! Smiley Indifferent

I actually just signed up last week, the 11th I think.  Didn't do the free trial, I just jumped in with the month to month.  Yeah, I don't get the 2 points, but Midnight is right, understanding FICO scoring is an oxymoron. 

Not going to have a cow over 2 points though, I'm not worried about the short term, it's the medium term that I'm FICO focused onSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

trinigal wrote:

flygirl wrote:

I actually just signed up last week, the 11th I think.  Didn't do the free trial, I just jumped in with the month to month.  Yeah, I don't get the 2 points, but Midnight is right, understanding FICO scoring is an oxymoron. 

Not going to have a cow over 2 points though, I'm not worried about the short term, it's the medium term that I'm FICO focused onSmiley Wink

Oh, just assumed you joined on 06/18 since that is when you registered.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

flygirl wrote:

Oh, just assumed you joined on 06/18 since that is when you registered.

Tis ok, I hesitated for a while.  Now I'm all up in the Scorewatch!!! Smiley Very Happy 
And losing points Smiley Sad

Oh well!!!Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

i will loan you a few points, trini.
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

dog wrote:
i will loan you a few points, trini.

Oh will you??!!!! Smiley Happy

You're so good to me (insert blushing smiley here)
Message 9 of 17
Pants
Regular Contributor

I was starting to get upset that I haven't had an alert in 17 days.. LOL

Turns out I got one today and it was a 5 points increase. My last alert was a 11 point increase on 7/02..

My TU score has been flat and going on 45 days without a change.. . Ick.

Message Edited by Pants on 07-20-2007 12:12 AM
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.