Reply
Established Contributor
trinigal
Posts: 578
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

And I'm down 2 points........BOOO!!!:smileysad:  
 
Y'all thought it was good news didn't you?!!!  :smileyvery-happy: LOL, so did I.............SOUR!:smileymad:
 
Still can't think of why though, all it says is:
 
Your FICO® score went down on a day when there were no credit alerts on your Equifax Credit Report™. This can happen if:
  • There was a change on your credit report that lowered your score but did not trigger an alert. For example, the balance on an account might have increased enough to lower your score, but not enough to trigger a balance increase alert.
  • You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed. For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO score in the future.

I know I didn't have any balance increases, so I'm hoping it's reason number 2.

Although it's a loss, I'm totally excited about my alert.

Any thoughts on why I lost 2 would be appreciated. 

Think the FICO gods saw me dancing in my office to Michael Jackson?  oooh, bet I almost took their eyes out:smileyindifferent:

 

-trini

Frequent Contributor
flygirl
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

[ Edited ]
You joined myFico on 06/18/2007 and you are just now getting a score alert!!! WOW. Didn't you just finish up with your free trial?? During my free trial, it seems I was getting alerts couple of times a week....most of them good.
 
Anyway, ya think your credit history lengthened? This wacko system never seems to amaze me. On  one of my reports, it tells me as my credit history lengthens, my score will improve. Your scenario puzzles me!!! :smileyindifferent:
 
 


Message Edited by flygirl on 07-19-2007 03:53 PM
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice
Posts: 8,161
Registered: ‎03-25-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

"Understanding FICO Scoring" is an oxymoron  ;D
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Established Member
annah618
Posts: 84
Registered: ‎06-21-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

I got one today after a dry spell... down one point for new activity on a card that was reported as inactive for the last 3 months. (It wasn't really inactive, it had a credit balance and I just used it up instead of having them send me a refund) grrr...
Established Contributor
trinigal
Posts: 578
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!



flygirl wrote:
You joined myFico on 06/18/2007 and you are just now getting a score alert!!! WOW. Didn't you just finish up with your free trial?? During my free trial, it seems I was getting alerts couple of times a week....most of them good.
 
Anyway, ya think your credit history lengthened? This wacko system never seems to amaze me. On  one of my reports, it tells me as my credit history lengthens, my score will improve. Your scenario puzzles me!!! :smileyindifferent:
 
 


Message Edited by flygirl on 07-19-2007 03:53 PM

I actually just signed up last week, the 11th I think.  Didn't do the free trial, I just jumped in with the month to month.  Yeah, I don't get the 2 points, but Midnight is right, understanding FICO scoring is an oxymoron. 
 
Not going to have a cow over 2 points though, I'm not worried about the short term, it's the medium term that I'm FICO focused on:smileywink:
Frequent Contributor
flygirl
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎06-11-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!



trinigal wrote:


flygirl wrote:
You joined myFico on 06/18/2007 and you are just now getting a score alert!!! WOW. Didn't you just finish up with your free trial?? During my free trial, it seems I was getting alerts couple of times a week....most of them good.
 
Anyway, ya think your credit history lengthened? This wacko system never seems to amaze me. On  one of my reports, it tells me as my credit history lengthens, my score will improve. Your scenario puzzles me!!! :smileyindifferent:
 
 


Message Edited by flygirl on 07-19-2007 03:53 PM

I actually just signed up last week, the 11th I think.  Didn't do the free trial, I just jumped in with the month to month.  Yeah, I don't get the 2 points, but Midnight is right, understanding FICO scoring is an oxymoron. 
 
Not going to have a cow over 2 points though, I'm not worried about the short term, it's the medium term that I'm FICO focused on:smileywink:


Oh, just assumed you joined on 06/18 since that is when you registered.
Established Contributor
trinigal
Posts: 578
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!



flygirl wrote:

Oh, just assumed you joined on 06/18 since that is when you registered.


Tis ok, I hesitated for a while.  Now I'm all up in the Scorewatch!!! :smileyvery-happy: 
And losing points :smileysad:
 
Oh well!!!:smileywink:
Established Contributor
dog
Posts: 560
Registered: ‎05-03-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

i will loan you a few points, trini.
Established Contributor
trinigal
Posts: 578
Registered: ‎06-18-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!



dog wrote:
i will loan you a few points, trini.



Oh will you??!!!! :smileyhappy:
 
You're so good to me (insert blushing smiley here)
Regular Contributor
Pants
Posts: 155
Registered: ‎06-12-2007
0

Re: Just got my first Score Watch Alert.......YAY!!!!!

[ Edited ]
I was starting to get upset that I haven't had an alert in 17 days.. LOL

Turns out I got one today and it was a 5 points increase. My last alert was a 11 point increase on 7/02..


My TU score has been flat and going on 45 days without a change.. . Ick.

Message Edited by Pants on 07-20-2007 12:12 AM

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}