Just joined usaa

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Just joined usaa

@capitalkid wrote:

Their insurance rates are phenomenal.  

A few things that may effect differences in INS Rates:

A bad credit score directly affects your insurance score, also if you have anything in chexsytems and such that figures into it as well, insurance scores are based off whats in your credit profile, then whats in your insurance file which can be found in Lexisnexis which will have figured in whats in chexsystems. Then, its based on your driving record, and all of that encompasses your insurance score which then negates your rates.  

Second, Geico is pretty much Insurance in name only, kind of like The General, Geico is Number 18 on the Bad Faith Insurance List and The General isnt even on there. More than likely they are Non-Standard Insurance Based.  Google that.  Basically, with rates that low one must know somewhere deep down it is a payment for proof of insurance, not actually for insurance. However higher rates also does not depict good faith insurance either.

Some of these things may apply maybe not, but at the very least maybe you can factor in some of these things as possibilities. Good Luck.

My Mom has actually been with Geico for a VERY long time. They've always paid claims no problem and in most cases actually paid out more then the vehicle was worth. I've only ever had to do a couple of comprehensive claims for windshields. (AZ roads have tons of loose rocks...) Never had a problem and my deductible is low enough that my window guy just eats the cost. I'd love to switch to USAA but when Geico is only $79 a month for a 24 year old single male to drive a BMW Z4 with full coverage it's kind of hard to justify an extra $600 a year just to have USAA. My credit is great and my driving record is spotless. All I can do is keep checking USAA every 6 months. The gap has been getting smaller as I get older.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.