cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just paid off wells fargo mortgage finally. Just wondering how long before they update to agencies

tag
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

Just paid off wells fargo mortgage finally. Just wondering how long before they update to agencies

I notice wells fargo usually update the 3rd of every month to my credt report but I notice since last month when I paid it in full until today they still have not updated that the loan was paid in full. Does anyone know how long they usually do this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just paid off wells fargo mortgage finally. Just wondering how long before they update to agenci

The amount of time it takes for any creditor's updated submission can vary.  Three business days from the time of submission is typical but 2 business days or even 5 or 6 are quite common.  Let's assume that it was submitted on July 3.  July 3-4 are best considered non-business days due to the holiday.  Then you have BDs of Wed-Fri (July 5-7).  As of today the fourth business day is only partway through.  So it's not strange that the record might not yet be updated.

If you were to pull your reports via Credit Karma on Thurs you may well see it then.

If you have any copies of past reports you may want to look at the DATE REPORTED field and see if it always states the 3rd of the month: Feb 3, March 3, April 3, etc..

You may know this already, but paying off a mortgage often leads to a substantial drop in one's FICO 8 score.  We can explain why that happens if you like, and also suggest possible ways to fix it.  Don't hesitate to ask if you want to know more.

Message 2 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Just paid off wells fargo mortgage finally. Just wondering how long before they update to agenci

I just paid off a Wells Fargo mortgage.  It funded on 30 June, showed paid at the Wells Fargo website on 03 July, and CreditKarma showed it paid in full on 07 July.  The July 4th holiday may have impacted when it showed paid, however 8 days from funding is not too shabby, for it to show up on credit reports. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to both the OP and thom02099 for paying off your mortgages!  I can imagine that's a great feeling.  One day, I'll be there as well!

thom02099, quick question for you.  I see your scores are 849-850 and are from this month.  Were those scores before your mortgage reported closed this month, meaning that mortgage was figured into those scores?  Or, did you pull those scores after the mortgage reported closed?  Do you currently have any other open installment loans?  What I'm getting at here is whether or not your near-perfect scores were attainable without the presence of an installment loan or not.  Thanks for the info.

Message 4 of 7
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats OP for paying off your mortgage!  What an inspiration!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 5 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to both the OP and thom02099 for paying off your mortgages!  I can imagine that's a great feeling.  One day, I'll be there as well!

thom02099, quick question for you.  I see your scores are 849-850 and are from this month.  Were those scores before your mortgage reported closed this month, meaning that mortgage was figured into those scores?  Or, did you pull those scores after the mortgage reported closed?  Do you currently have any other open installment loans?  What I'm getting at here is whether or not your near-perfect scores were attainable without the presence of an installment loan or not.  Thanks for the info.

Scores are before the mortgage paid off.   Scores in my siggy are FICO 8.  All of my other FICO versions are 820+.

I have a very thick, old file Smiley Happy  I am older than dirt, my first AMEX card was in Roman numerals. The Centurion on the card was a buddy of mine. Smiley WinkI had a Carte Blanche as my first card way back in the 70s.  Paper application, waited weeks before approval and receival of the card. 

Between the 3 Bureaus, I'm currently carrying about 40-45 TL.  No missed payments in my curent reporting history.  Not always the case and my scores have been in the 500s after a nasty divorce years ago. 

I have one credit card showing a balance at 6% utilitsation. 

Total credit limits currently hovering just shy of $200K.  $50K of that is with Diners Club, currently at zero balance, after paying off ~$5500 in prior months. 

In prior months, I paid off 3 loans.  Still have one loan showing active.  I also have 3 student loans showing from Discover, for my daughter; I was a co-signer.  She is in the process of consolidating all her student loans, so those should come off relatively soon.  

No auto loans currently, though I have many closed loans. 

A new mortgage will kick in sometime in August.  I don't expect to take much of a hit from it, but if I do, it doesn't matter.  I'm not looking for any new credit, and will be dumping more cards here soon. 

At the beginning of the year, my score ranges were in the 825-830 range.  That was with a bunch of credit card balances reporting, but total utilisation below 10%.  4 loans reporting, with balances, in addition to the 3 student loans above.  Mortgage and HELOC reporting. 

My cards:  AMEX BCP/Gold/Zync.  Chase CSP (formerly had a JPMorgan Select, it was closed and consolidated).  Discover IT.  BofA Cash Rewards.  Merrill+. Citi Diamond Preferred.  Diners Club Elite. Wells Fargo Propel 365. IberiaBank Select. 1st Command Plat Visa. Home Depot and Lowes store cards. 

A sidebar, not meaning to hijack this thread,  and back to OP's post about Wells Fargo.  I have had a very long and beneficial relationship with Wells Fargo.  They bent over backwards for me in paying off one mortgage and getting another.  Personal loan with them was paid off.  Propel card is used only for cell phones account and the replacement benefit it provides.  While WF gets a lot of negative press/comments, here and elsewhere, I've had very good experiences with them.  My long history could also account for them being so very prompt in reporting my status with the 3 bureaus. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great profile data above.  If you still have an open installment loan as you indicated, you won't see a score drop once your mortgage reports closed.  Your scores will stay at 849-850 as they are now.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.