cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just tried PFD attempt, no good. What next?

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Just tried PFD attempt, no good. What next?

Roberteg,

There is a difference in how an account can be sent to a collection agency. If the origiinal creidtor owns the debt the they can assign the account to the colelction agency.. The original creditor can recall the debt for a variety of reasons. The other way it can go to a collection agency ( Factoring company)  is when the orginal credotor selles the debt to a collection agency (Factoring company). The first can be recalled the recalled.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 11 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Just tried PFD attempt, no good. What next?

@bd1980 wrote:

Long story short, I found out that I have an old account that I didn't even know existed from a utility company.  It's only for a $157.00.  Paying it obviously not an issue, I just want it from my credit.  The advice that I read here on the forums (very thankful by the way) is to not pay it then try to fight for the PFD, but to hold out.  I tried speaking with "Ben" about agreeing to a PFD and I would happily pay it but he told me that some companies may do that but they do not.  I told him, well thanks for being so helpful but I guess I would have to speak to my attorney and take it from there. 

So, what is my next step now of dealing with this company?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

The company is

I.C. Systems Inc.

444 Highway 96 E

Saint Paul, MN 551272557

(651) 481-6333

Thanks!

Oh boy.....your going to have fun with them!!!

I'm going to PM you a contact.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.