Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just wanting to make sure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanting to make sure

When I did my disputes, I of course had to get my Experian in the mail since they don't do online disputes. I'm getting ready to compare line by line the report they gave me to the one I pulled here at My Fico. Everything looks the same or similar, though there's an address on there that's not on here..which is also a misspelled version of a street I used to live on so I'll be taking care of that later or tomorrow. Would you say though that the reports/scores are the same here as they are if you buy through Experian? I'm only asking cause that's my highest one even with some of the negative info and if it's different, I'll pay the $6 to check.

Thanks
Karen
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Just wanting to make sure

The reports you get through the CRAs normally have more information than the ones you get through MyFico. As far as the scores go, you can only get true FICO scores on Myfico. These scores are the only ones creditors use. The ones the CRAs use are devised by them and are of no use.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for saving me $$. I was going to use a free trial in triple advantage, but they said I already had been a member. I'll wait until it shows one of my ccs as paid off and then buy fico's from here again. I just wanted to make sure I was on the right track. I was gonna be sad if my 'real' score is lower than listed here.
Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Are the scores listed your real FICOs or FAKOs? Not to burst any bubbles but, the ones from the CRAs tend to run a bit on the higher side.

My EX FICO is 70 points lower than what I got on the EX website.

Just trying to prepare you.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My TC (aka Fakos) are higher than the ones in my sig. I got those when I signed up for the Suze Orman package here. I was under the impression that they are true Ficos? I thought that the EX I got here was lower than the real EX cause of the model they use. I don't know what my score is on the website, I don't wanna pay if it's not the true/accurate score. Help please? lol, I swear I'm not stupid and I didn't think I was confused anymore. I know Fakos are nothing, I thought it was the scores you get/buy here that are the real and true ones.

Thanks
Karen
Message 5 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My TC (aka Fakos) are higher than the ones in my sig. I got those when I signed up for the Suze Orman package here. I was under the impression that they are true Ficos? I thought that the EX I got here was lower than the real EX cause of the model they use. I don't know what my score is on the website, I don't wanna pay if it's not the true/accurate score. Help please? lol, I swear I'm not stupid and I didn't think I was confused anymore. I know Fakos are nothing, I thought it was the scores you get/buy here that are the real and true ones.
Thanks
Karen

True FICO scores are from this site. You are correct. You confused me when you stated you would be sad if your "real" scores were lower than what is listed here". Your FICO scores are your REAL scores. Do not even bother with the scores you can purchase from the CRAs. They are not real FICO scores and will do nothing for you.

I am sure Suze Orman's are the real FICO scores.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I feel much better now.
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Be aware that under federal law, you are entitled to one free credit report per year from each of the three CRAs.  You can get it from annualcreditreport.com.  If you have not done this in the last year, I would go there first.  And reports obtained there are more complete than the myFICO reports.  However, the free annual report does not come with scores.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.