cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KCA Fin Svc In? Hard Inquiry without requesting credit...

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: KCA Fin Svc In? Hard Inquiry without requesting credit...

FantumGrey wrote:
I had a collection placed (with hard inquiry) on my CRs from KCA about a year and a half ago. Since then, I've sent numerous DVs as well as a PFD, all with no response from them. Then about two months ago the account suddenly disappeared from my EQ and EX. I'm still trying to get it off of TU however, especially since that is the CRA that the inquiry is on.

From what I've read, it seems that CAs have permissible purpose for hard inquiries as long as the inquiry is in connection to the collection of a debt. My only recommendation would be to DV KCA CMRRR. If they don't respond in time, you can then send that information to the CRAs and most likely get the account/inquiry taken off.

There is disagreement at this forum on this subject. I use to think CAs have PP but after reading FTC section 604, no way CA's have PP. This section clearly states credit can only be pulled if one is applying for new credit. Nobody applies for new credit with a CA.
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.