Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kia Financial Dispute

tag
DST
Valued Member

Kia Financial Dispute

I am in the process of disputing late payments with Kia Financial...I haven't mailed the letter yet because I was waiting on bank statements to prove that I wasn't late.  The argument is that the day the payment posted to my bank account was maybe 1 to 2 days after the grace period.  I know that when an ACH payment is done over the phone, it will take at least 2 days for it post to the bank account, but it will post to the car accout that same day. I called in to get a mailing address for disputes and the Customer Service Rep offered to go over the info w/me before I send the letter in.  Is that wise to do or should I just send the info in to the dispute dept. to let them handle it.  Oh yeah, the lates date back to 2004 and 2005...is it even worth it?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Kia Financial Dispute

I would talk to them first before mailing. It is good to know what the other is thinking. This gives you a chance to tweak your argument based on what they say.

30 or 60 days late really don't impact your score beyond 2 yrs. However, having them removed will make your CR look better and improve your chances for a higher score with other scoring systems like the auto-enhanced FICO score that some lenders use or the "FICO08" models that tend to look at past trends a little more than they do now.
Message 2 of 3
DST
Valued Member

Re: Kia Financial Dispute

Thanks...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.