Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAW REGARDING REMOVAL OF INQUIRIES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LAW REGARDING REMOVAL OF INQUIRIES

Is there any law regarding when CRAS have to remove an inquiry.  I have one coming off in May.  Last one was in Feb and they took their sweet time.
Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LAW REGARDING REMOVAL OF INQUIRIES

Just sometime in the month that it turns 2 years old, I believe.  If it's over a year old it isn't really affecting your score.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

sidewinder wrote:
Just sometime in the month that it turns 2 years old, I believe.  If it's over a year old it isn't really affecting your score.

The FCRA provides for the minimum amount of time an INQ should stay, but no maximum.  CRAs remove just after the minimum specified in the FCRA (two years), except EX, who remove after 25 months (probably to give themselves 30 days of leeway just to be safe).

Message 3 of 8
cobra19
Valued Contributor

No law, per se. Inquiries are funny. Lately, TU and EQ have removed 3 inquires from my report that were only 2 months old.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know when you check Fico scores, inquries that are not affecting your score will not show up after the year.  But when you go for an auto loan, will they see that I have a couple inquries even though they do not affect my score?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NessCaroc wrote:
I know when you check Fico scores, inquries that are not affecting your score will not show up after the year.  But when you go for an auto loan, will they see that I have a couple inquries even though they do not affect my score?

Yes.  MyFICO is the only report reseller I am aware of that only shows inquiries from the last year.  (That's because MyFICO reports tend to only show things that affect your scores.)

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So applying for a car loan, they will see any inquiries past 1 year? Correct? Or no? I will be applying for a car loan through NFCU. I just want to make sure my FICO scores are good. :-)

Message Edited by NessCaroc on 03-31-2008 12:10 PM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

NessCaroc wrote:
So applying for a car loan, they will see any inquiries past 1 year? Correct? Or no? I will be applying for a car loan through NFCU. I just want to make sure my FICO scores are good. :-)

Message Edited by NessCaroc on 03-31-2008 12:10 PM

See my post above.

The answer is yes.  The reports they pull are not the same format as the reports you get from MyFICO.  Theirs show inquiries for two years.  MyFICO reports show only one year.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.