cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LET IT BEGIN! NEW RULES UNDERWAY! TAX LIEN DELETED!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

LET IT BEGIN! NEW RULES UNDERWAY! TAX LIEN DELETED!

I was working on deleting some old addresses and phone numbers on the 3 CRA's. Today is 7/10 and some that posted said this would be the day it began. So while I was online with Equifax. I looked at the Public Records section. And my tax lein that was released last year was gone! TU and EX removed the lein last year. But EQ likes to hold on to them longer with their rules. So the released tax lein is gone from all three. No update yet on MyFICO alerts yet. So it looks like the deletion of these files is in progress now folks. Booyah! Smiley Very Happy

tax lein.PNG

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LET IT ALL BEGIN! TAX LIEN DELETED!

That is awesome news. 

Message 2 of 15
warmonger507

Re: LET IT ALL BEGIN! TAX LIEN DELETED!

I just had the same great news today.  I went ahead and purchased my Experian report just to double check.  Did anyone notice a score change?  I haven't seen anything yet.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LET IT ALL BEGIN! NEW RULES UNDERWAY! TAX LIEN DELETED!

Congrats on the removal!! Must be a great feeling after waiting so long. 

Message 4 of 15
BIGSTARXXX
New Contributor

congrats - I checked  see if my IRS Tax Lien  on Equifax (filed 2009, released/paid in 2012) was gone - still there Smiley Sad

was removed from TU and EXP last year

edit: Just checked my wife's EQ - the lien is OFF her report !

weird, same lien, but mine is still there - I guess that's bad news / good news - maybe they will get around to removing from my report shortly ...

Message 5 of 15
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Would love to know how much your score increases  -- please share!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BIGSTARXXX wrote:

congrats - I checked  see if my IRS Tax Lien  on Equifax (filed 2009, released/paid in 2012) was gone - still there Smiley Sad

was removed from TU and EXP last year

edit: Just checked my wife's EQ - the lien is OFF her report !

weird, same lien, but mine is still there - I guess that's bad news / good news - maybe they will get around to removing from my report shortly ...

If you've caught up on your taxes lookup IRS Fresh Start Program and form 12277. They will withdrawal your tax lien if you're in good standing -- even if you have other tax debts but are on a payment plan. I included a cover letter with my 12277 asking them to send a copy to the CRAs. Experian and Transunion removed the lien right away, but it took several disputes (not even an original certified copy I bought from the clerk of court would convince them!) and a CFPB complaint.

Message 7 of 15
drmceo
Contributor

Those of you that had items removed what do your last names begin with? I am wondering if there is a method or system they are using to process the deletions possibly by last name alphabetical order.

Message 8 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@drmceo wrote:

Those of you that had items removed what do your last names begin with? I am wondering if there is a method or system they are using to process the deletions possibly by last name alphabetical order.

"D" Pulled EQ. Went from 2 public records to 1 and score didnt change at all. Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 15
GSP_1
Valued Member

My last name starts with "A" and my paid tax lien from 2011 is still there. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.