Did you mean: 

UNOFFICIAL LIST of credit cards and which score they provide

tag
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Re: LIST of credit cards and which score they provide

Bank Of America (Alaska & Cash Rewards) offers Transunion Fico 8

American Express offers Experian Fico 8

Citibank (Simplicity, Costco, & American Airlines) offers Equifax Fico Bankcard Score 8

Message 11 of 124
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this mean that Capitol One will not help my FICO 8 score? Since it's not on the list?

Correct, cap one doesn't give free fico's, but refers you to their creditwise service.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 12 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this mean that Capitol One will not help my FICO 8 score? Since it's not on the list?

These are a list of credit card lenders who provide a free FICO score, not a list of which cards help your score.

Message 13 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi c00mtg!  Are you planning to do anything more with this thread?  It's totally fine if you have reconsidered and have decided you don't have time to do all the work to keep it updated. 

Let us know if you don't have the time and we'll see if we can find somebody else to take the lead on your idea.  Regardless it was a good thought.

Message 14 of 124
arkane
Established Contributor

Discover also provides a free "Credit Scorecard" that is separate from their Discover It card which provides the Experian FICO8 score. It's 100% free, and best part is anybody can register, not just Discover cardholders -- https://www.creditscorecard.com/registration

If memory serves, Fingerhut offers Equifax FICO8, while DCU offers Equifax FICO4 (Beacon 5). 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 15 of 124
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Thought I'd add Wells Fargo Cash Wise platinum gives monthly Ex Bankcard 2.

OP great post!
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 16 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rprisco wrote:
Thought I'd add Wells Fargo Cash Wise platinum gives monthly Ex Bankcard 2.

OP great post!

Our OP hasn't made any updates to this thread for a few months.  I think he or she lost interest in it a few days after the initial post. 

I think the idea behind it is good.  It's just that, to have value, it needs somebody who will regularly update the top post and commit to doing so for at least a year.

I also agree that an improvement would be for the top post to describe free or ultra-low-cost sources of FICO scores -- of which credit cards are only one.  CreditScore.com and Discover Scorecard are good sources of free FICO 8 Experian scores, for example.

ABCD and I were talking about finding a person who might want to take the lead on that.  Let me know what you think.

Message 17 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm regularly on the boards and the reason this post made it back to the top of the list I think. I can commit to keeping it up to date at least for the next few months.
Message 18 of 124
rprisco
Regular Contributor

I think helping the OP is a great idea, I'd be willing to do what I can to help out and to give back to the community for all I've learned. Maybe OP is away for holidays or too busy with same...
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 19 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Achieving!  You can see several suggestions that I made earlier in this thread.  The first thing somebody should do is spend sometime looking at the other resources out on the web.  Use those as both sources of information but even more importantly as models for how to structure it.  In fact, you might find that the easiest myFICO thread would one that just provided links to already existing web pages -- though again that would depend on finding at least one that is being updated at the top level once a month.

It's awesome that you are willing to help, but doing this for only a few months is not ideal.  CC issuers change policies, change models, drop the free score, add the free score, etc.  The Share Secure Loan thread in theory really was in place after a month, but it still has needed updates and changes to the posts at the top periodically for the last year or two.

Message 20 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.