cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV Funding/Providian Judgement...HELP!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LVNV Funding/Providian Judgement...HELP!!!

Just had a judgement added to my credit report for $3012 from plaintiff LVNV Funding. I think this is for a credit card i got back in 1999 and maxed out and never made a payment on. (young and dumb...first credit card.) The card was a NextCard Visa. NextCard is not in business anymore and i guess Providian bought all there old debt. I think that this is very close to the SOL for WYOMING. What should I do.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV Funding/Providian Judgement...HELP!!!

jslucer wrote:
Just had a judgement added to my credit report for $3012 from plaintiff LVNV Funding. I think this is for a credit card i got back in 1999 and maxed out and never made a payment on. (young and dumb...first credit card.) The card was a NextCard Visa. NextCard is not in business anymore and i guess Providian bought all there old debt. I think that this is very close to the SOL for WYOMING. What should I do.

Did you go to court?

As long as SOL is not up, they can get a judgement. You should have gotten something, like a summons, to appear court over the matter.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No i did not go to court...I really wish i would have been in these forums a year ago
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jslucer wrote:
No i did not go to court...I really wish i would have been in these forums a year ago

You didn't go to court b/c you chose not to go or b/c you was not aware?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i was served, but do not remember. I would say i chose not to go by ignoring it. Now i am paying for it. I got this card in July 1999 and last activity was sometime in September 1999. the sol for Wyoming is 8 years i think.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

jslucer wrote:
I think i was served, but do not remember. I would say i chose not to go by ignoring it. Now i am paying for it. I got this card in July 1999 and last activity was sometime in September 1999. the sol for Wyoming is 8 years i think.

I am still just learning........but I think if you were served and chose to ignore it, then all you can do is pay and let it update to paid status and wait until it comes off. The 7 year reporting time for the debt would been up in September 06, but that is different than SOL. And I don't *think* that 7 year reporting time applies to the judgement. I *think* they can still report the judgement on your CR, just not the original debt. SOL applies to length of time to be sued. I believe they can still sue past the SOL, but you can usually get it thrown out based on previous cases.

Someone more experienced will help you out more, I am sure.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they have a judgment against you on your CR, I'd be stopping any & all direct deposits to your bank accounts.  Also, if your State allows wage garnishment, find a way to pay them, they will do whatever they can to get their money.

Sorry to hear you got nailed by them...the 3rd CA they hired did file for court and we have round two starting end of April to determine how much I owe...yes, the Judge didn't read & I didn't say LOUD enough they BOUGHT the account for pennies!  SO, they did tack on a b.s. amount from OC, it was $1300, now at $2500 and they do ruin your credit...they keep reporting false info
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.