cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LVNV not allowing me to get new credit. please help with resolving..

tag
HornsFan
Valued Member

LVNV not allowing me to get new credit. please help with resolving..

Im still dealing with theis LVNV account, the balance is 1200 dollars complete, talked them down to a 600 dollr settlement balance. I've already disputed, and all three times its verified, i'm going to take care of this, i just wanted to know what would be the best angle. I have no problem paying the whole amount, but how do i get them to do a pay for delete? also, I'm going to be buying another car this year and a house in the next 2-3 years...with this in mind, should i settle or just do a pay for delete? If pay for delete, how do i go about negotiating this, and also, what proof should I ask for before i submit payment. The good thing is itn' not hurting my scores, but at the same time, its a baddie because i can't get new credit with pretty good scores right now...thanks a ton!!!
MyFico l Equi - 784 l Exp - 752 l Trans - 786

[as of 7/13/2008]
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: LVNV not allowing me to get new credit. please help with resolving..

HornsFan wrote:
Im still dealing with theis LVNV account, the balance is 1200 dollars complete, talked them down to a 600 dollr settlement balance. I've already disputed, and all three times its verified, i'm going to take care of this, i just wanted to know what would be the best angle. I have no problem paying the whole amount, but how do i get them to do a pay for delete? also, I'm going to be buying another car this year and a house in the next 2-3 years...with this in mind, should i settle or just do a pay for delete? If pay for delete, how do i go about negotiating this, and also, what proof should I ask for before i submit payment. The good thing is itn' not hurting my scores, but at the same time, its a baddie because i can't get new credit with pretty good scores right now...thanks a ton!!!

Are you past SOL and have you sent a DV to LVNV if you are??

Do not pay them if you have not done a DV.

IF they send validation, then you can negotiate a PFD. Paying this account is not going to help your credit if all they do is mark it paid.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to give you something to go on....Personally I had an LVNV account similar to yours and I settled on it back in 05. Then in 07 I got serious about my credit repair and decided to start disputing and writing letters and after 1 round LVNV came off. I have seen this scenario with others as well. So IME paying/settling with them now may not do much for your scores but in the future it should make it easier to get them to deleted(they don't usually go for the PFD). Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@HornsFan wrote:

HornsFan, I am not so sure about that.  Your scores are good, but how much better would they be if that collection wasn't on there?  Particularly if it's the only collection on your CRs.  You could be losing 20-30 points or more.  Some have experienced gaining 50 points by getting a very old CA removed.  I would definitely DV the CA, before paying another penny.  Are you sure that LVNV has the right to collect from you?  Have they provided full media validation?  If I were you, I would want to know this before paying a thin dime.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.