Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ladies and Gentlemen....round two

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ladies and Gentlemen....round two

Need some help.

I spoke to the agency slimey snake (ASS) the other day and she told me that she would send out all of my file, so that I could see that the debt that I had paid off four years ago was valid. I got it in the mail today.

It is a computer generated, one page only, sheet that shows my name, date of birth, the original creditor, along with my payments and interest that I had when I paid the debt off. It *looks* right.

What do I do next? Do I write something now requesting more? Is there a letter I could write that could, somehow, really get their attention?

What next???
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen....round two

it is paid - correct?

DV them (use the address on your CR - and their 'computer printout' is not correct validation - must come from the OC per FCRA).  Bypass the snake
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
it is paid - correct?
DV them (use the address on your CR - and their 'computer printout' is not correct validation - must come from the OC per FCRA). Bypass the snake

Okay, let's break this down into simplicity for me. Handle me like you would a first grader.

Yes, it is paid.

What do you mean to use the address on my credit report?

Send a validation letter to the CA, right? I have never sent them a letter, and real stupid like, I spoke to them on the phone and they sent me this print out.

And THANKS for helping me walk through this. I feel as though I have been put through the mill this week.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Within the TL on your report will be the CA's name and address - use that address.  Because it is paid they may not go thru the motion of validation (in which case they should remove) or they may just sent that same print-out (in which case it is NOT correct validation and you file complaints with AGs and FTC and notify the CRAs of their failure to validate.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Within the TL on your report will be the CA's name and address - use that address. Because it is paid they may not go thru the motion of validation (in which case they should remove) or they may just sent that same print-out (in which case it is NOT correct validation and you file complaints with AGs and FTC and notify the CRAs of their failure to validate.

This is one of those times that I feel so dumb. On my credit report, under the collections portion, all it has is their business name. Their address isn't on it. Their address is on the one page computer generated file they mailed me.
Message 5 of 7
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

In that case I would dispute it with the CRA if it comes back verified they have to tell you HOW they validated it, if they don't, send them a letter asking for that info, IF and I hope, they send you the info with NO ADDY on it get a deposit slip out that is their 1st violation.

They have to supply HOW they validated it and WHO validated it and their addy or phone number.

In your case you want the addy so you can send them a DV.

Like Lady said what you have is NOT proper validation, anyone can type that up, you want dates, balances, extra fees charged, DOFD and what ever else they can send you  NOT just THEIR statement.

With the DOFD you can determine if it is in or out of SOL.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdtobefree wrote:
In that case I would dispute it with the CRA if it comes back verified they have to tell you HOW they validated it, if they don't, send them a letter asking for that info, IF and I hope, they send you the info with NO ADDY on it get a deposit slip out that is their 1st violation.
They have to supply HOW they validated it and WHO validated it and their addy or phone number.
In your case you want the addy so you can send them a DV.
Like Lady said what you have is NOT proper validation, anyone can type that up, you want dates, balances, extra fees charged, DOFD and what ever else they can send you NOT just THEIR statement.
With the DOFD you can determine if it is in or out of SOL.

Okay, follow me here. Here is the chronological order of what I did, and I KNOW that I made mistakes.

I disputed the debt online. When I checked again, online, the debt showed that it was verified. I called the snake at the CA, the other day, and she mailed me out the computer generated form that showed all the information they had typed on it. It looked right.

I told her that I needed the actual contract with my signature on it, and that I I wanted it validated, because if things weren't 100% accurate, then it is incorrect and should be deleted. She told me that she is going to talk to the original creditor and find the records and get back to me.

Here is the actual tradeline/collection:

Collection on debt to: Med1 02 Dmd Weasel

The collection agency "SnakesRus" was hired to collect a debt of $109 originally owed to "Med1 02 Haag Dmd Ima Weasel" on account number "XXXXXXXX3143".
Collection agency [?] SnakesRus
Original balance [?] $109
Current balance [?] $0
Status [?] Not Reported
Date assigned [?] Jan 13, 2005
Date reported [?] Sep 02, 2005
Date last active [?] Not Reported
Date paid [?] Aug 15, 2005
Date closed [?] Aug 15, 2005
Original lender [?] Med1 02 Dmd Weasel
Account number [?] XXXXXXXX3143
Type of account [?] Not Reported
Account holder [?] Individual
Type of credit [?] Not Reported
Payment status [?] Not Reported
Largest past balance [?] Not Reported
Amount past due [?] Not Reported
Account descriptions [?] Not Reported

I don't get the thing about the address. I will not do anything else until I understand what all you all are saying.

Message Edited by wordslayer on 02-27-2008 05:29 PM

Message Edited by wordslayer on 02-27-2008 05:31 PM

Message Edited by wordslayer on 02-27-2008 05:32 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.