Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lady Scarlet

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady Scarlet

on you reply to this

The FDCPA states they must cease collection activity until they have produced validation of the alleged debt if so requested. As per the FTC, this includes the continued reporting to the credit bureaus without having validated the debt, and is a violation of the FCRA which I plan to pursue in court against Harvard. If the proof of this debt existed, Harvard had an obligation to produce that proof when I requested it; yet they 'verified' the debt with  CRA bringing into question the method of verificaion used by CRA which is also specifically spelled ou in the FCRA.

under section______.

What would the section be ?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lady Scarlet

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 02-27-2008 04:33 PM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lady Scarlet

I have been reading it for the last half hour or so, and the best I can find is 611, which says that "the agency shall, free of charge, conduct a reasonable reinvestigation to determine whether the disputed information is inaccurate and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer or reseller."

There is nothing that "spells out" what they must do to verify. Am I missing something?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.