Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late 1 month ago! No I wasn't!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late 1 month ago! No I wasn't!

This is an interesting post ..
interesting how a change in her status dates caused so much trouble and a MASSIVE nose dive in points..and again all stemming from a dispute being made...
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like months ago there was another thread about status dates but I can't find it now. Of course we all know that an updated status date can sometimes affect a FICO store. But this is not always so. I have recent status dates on EQ and EX and those tradelines are not flagged as recent lates. So here is my question: Has FICO ever acknowledged that this is a glitch?
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, call me obsessive but I have been tracking this for months. The transunion fico score goes by the "status date" and equifax doesn't (most likely the last activity date.) I have a capital one credit card reporting on EQ and TU. It is IIB and the last activity was in 2002. The status date on TU is Jan/2008. When I look in the "Understanding your FICO score" section in my TU report, it says I missed a payment 5 months ago. I have tracked this for a long time and this number is always in synch with the status date on the capital one account. My FICO score varies wildly based on this. On EQ, the status date is Jul/2007 for this same account. However, in the "Understanding your FICO score" section it tells me that I last missed a payment 2 years and 2 months ago. This is accurate, I was late on a car payment in Apr/2006. Therefore, a recent status date does not register as a late on EQ but does on TU. THIS HAS GOT TO BE A GLITCH! It makes absolutely no sense for the status date to affect a FICO score!! ARRGHH! MyFico was supposed to get back to me months ago on this issue when someone in the technical department finally admitted that it might be an error. I have heard nothing so I called and spoke with a supervisor today. Has anyone else dealt with this status date glitch with TU FICO score?
Message 13 of 15
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

For three months now, I have had the exact same problem - But now it's with myFico Equifax. 

It says I missed a payment 2 months ago - I did not, I contacted myFico, they said to dispute it with Equifax, it does not show up on Equifax, only myFico.  I disputed anyways with Equifax, they report back and says it does not show the "alleged" late payment.  

Because of this - my score fluctuates about 30 - 40 points lower than the other 2 CRA's.

I emailed myFico to get them to update their records and no luck as of yet.  I am thinking of just waiting until this falls off the end of this year to do anything else with my credit repair. 

This is so discouraging.  I wish I knew how to get them to fix this problem.  I had the same thing happen to me last year on TransUnion and Equifax both.  

About four months later they fixed the glitch.  Maybe they will do the same this year.

Message Edited by teamfico on 06-25-2008 07:15 AM
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 14 of 15
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Does your score from the EQ site match up to your score on myfico? EQ's site will give you a real classic FICO.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.