Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late 1 month ago! No I wasn't!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late 1 month ago! No I wasn't!

I have a recent FICO score and report for both TU (603) and EQ (638)
I am trying to figure out why TU is so low. In the "Understanding Your Score" section, it says that one of the things that is hurting my score is a recent missed payment. It says that I missed a payment 1 month ago! My last missed payment was in April 2005, almost 2 years ago. I want to dispute this with TransUnion but I have no idea what account it is talking about. I called MyFico and I was put on hold for a while while the guy tried to figure it out. He finally said that it was my WFS (car payment) trade line because the Status Date is Dec 2007. This account was discharged in a BK and the last activity date is in March 2003. I told him that I didn't think that was it because FICO doesn't go by the status date. He insisted that it did. Anyway, I didn't get any further with them. I know this guy doesn't know what he is talking about. My EQ report has the same WFS trade line with the same status date of Dec 2007. I don't have any problem with EQ. What could it possibly be? How can I dispute this if I don't know what account is erroneously flagged as late?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Re: Late 1 month ago! No I wasn't!

TU has a weird reporting glitch.  It is reporting all of my accounts as past due, even though I am not past due on any account and have not been for almost 7 years.  I have a medical collection and a Cap1 co from 2001.  TU Fico says that if your report has any baddies - your report will (for some unknown reporting glitch)  show all accounts listed in report as past due.  I am now waiting on disputing till after Oct 08 when both deletes to see if it corrected the problem.  I just don't apply for credit with anyone that pulls TU

But, pull a copy of your regular Equifax for dispute and it will show (or should) more detailed info than the Fico report.  This should show you where the alleged late payment is for your dispute.
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called MyFico again this morning and they told me that something must have been updated on my report in January.  In fact, I had disputed my Captial One tradeline last month because it was showing recent activity even though it was discharged in 2003.  They corrected that.  The recent activity is gone and the last activity date shows as 3/2003.  However, the status date does say Jan 2008.  But, hasn't it been settled on these boards that FICO doesn't flag you for a late payment based on the status date?
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am just going through the same thing ..yet again!

I now have a 90 day late appear from nowhere on a charged of account (last activity was 2003 ..now is listed as last payment 2008)..I have made no payments and I have no 90 days late! my score got dinged 27 points (possibly more) .
I called fico they assured me it was correct and to contact Equifax ..whch I did they are not showing a 90 days late on this account but did have dola as 2008 ..
Anyway I disputed the date as that was all I could do..I can't dispute the 90 days late as Equifax doesn't show that!

I did dispute this account last month ..sometimes I thing they punish you for bothering them!

I also had this happen on another fico report ,again the account has been closed forever but a 3 months late appeared from no where on the explanation report for reason why my score is low.. the last late I have on only one account on this whole report is 6 years old and the account is closed zero balance!
 I am feeling the sting abit less on this one as it changed from a 3 month late to 4 month late and my score rose...The only late is on an account I had disputed(the 6 years late) and also the creditor has asked it to be updated so we will see what happens..if the late from nowhere disappears.

Basically though everyone just blames everyone else..my fico said contact credit bureaus but they just think your crazy as they arn't showing anything to fix! They tell you contact oc..but how can oc fix a 90 day late that's only showing on myfico report as they don't deal with them!

Anyway good luck  : )

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cras,
On my capital 1 tradeline there is no indication on the tradeline of a late at all.  The last activity date is 2003. I am just assuming it is that tradeline because I disputed it recently.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with TransUnion. They said that my capital one trade line should not be the one flagging a late 1 month ago since the last activity was in 2003 and it's classified as IIB.  She said the verification date should have nothing to do with it.
Now what do I do? I am going to call MyFico again but I know I will just be going in circles.

Message Edited by madriley on 02-07-2008 10:56 AM
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called MyFico again today. I argued with the rep for a while. She said that the FICO store goes by the "status date." She said that if there was a negative account that is several years old, something as simple as the company updating some information can reset the status date and cause your FICO to drop.  I said, I have heard of that happening but that is not what "should" happen, right? That was a glitch wasn't it? She insisted that was just how it was. I insisted that she was wrong. Finally, she left for about 10 minutes to seek the guidance of a supervisor. Finally she came back and said that maybe there was a problem and that she was sending it up to the technical department. They are supposed to call or email me later with a resolution.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you had better luck them me..I just got the "call Equifax" .

I told the gentleman that my recent Equifax report (from Equifax.com) had no recent lates showing and that obviously looking at my my fico Equifax report he could see my date of last transaction was years ago (2004) but now i have this 90+ days late and repo/foreclosure ..it was not a loan on a house or a car loan!
 I had actually missed that bit when I last posted on this thread  the my fico agent pointed it out!!

My previous (other 2 Equifax myfico reports from this month) show no activity, recent lates etc(last activity 2004) and now  a 90days+ late AND a REPO/FORECLOSURE on an old account..

He just replied they just report what Equifax gives them..GRRR THEY DON"T!

I do agree though its something to do with when a dispute is made a date is changed (which happened when I disputed this account)..it went from dola Nov 2003 to Dec 2003 and the old balance changed $100? that throws everything out of whack ..it seems to make the my fico computer make assumptions as to what is happening with the account ....WRONGLY!...

Fico computer thinks..Hmm ok balance changed (I have no idea why)..they must have paid something (no I didn't)..ok last payment 2003, ok this payment  must be very, VERY late (90+days)...so late it must be a repo or foreclosure by now..yeah lets put that in there report!!
WRONG WRONG WRONG>>>!!!!

MYFICO needs to hire some new software guys! Smiley Mad
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

me again...I posted this the other week..this one is identical to your problem..I just copied and pasted it..

My husband also has a FICO inaccuracy  
..he has a 3 months late show up in "reason for low FICO score", yet he has no 3 month late showing on his actual FICO report or any other credit report (fico OR fako)..his last late was 3 or 4 years ago on anything !
They obviously dinged his score for it as his Experian score (which is the only one that mentions this unknown late)is about 50 points less then his Equifax /Transunion!

This is all making me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone explain this!?
Just to clarify on my husbands report FICO..the 3 months late isn't listed as a 90 late it just say's
 "your most recent late payment happened 3 months ago"
..the only account red flagged that has a late listed is  from march 2002!

Where did they get this from.. How do you correct something that you don't know what it is ?
      thanks

an update on this one..fico were no help what so ever!! as usual told me to call the CRA !

I have gone to the only creditor that shows a late (from March 2002) to see if that is it and if it can be removed??

The CRA thought I was crazy as they have no record of it..(no I'm not crazy I just feel like it when I start trying to figure out what's going on with myfico reports!)

My score went up a bit as it changed from a 3 month late to 4 month late lol!

I'm hoping you have some luck as I had given up on this one ..if they need another example of how bad there myfico computer works  send them to me Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I don't know if I'm having any better luck because I haven't heard back yet from MyFico's "Technical Department." The problem is that when something changes on a trade line, the Status Date is updated to today's date. As far as the FICO score goes, this date is supposed to be irrelevant. If the status date does drop your FICO score, that is a glitch in the FICO system. But this happens so often that the know nothing MyFico Customer Service people insist that the FICO score uses the status date. I don't know if they are just ignorant or if they are told to say that. I found it interesting that when I got angry and really pressed it, the CS agent finally admitted that maybe something was wrong and sent it up to the technical dept. But I am skeptical that anything will ever come of it.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.