cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Mtg. Payments Are They Still hurting my Fico scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Mtg. Payments Are They Still hurting my Fico scores?

I have a mortgage TL from 04/99 that is now closed and paid in full.  However, we did have a lot of late payments as follows:  I know this is horrible but I was not working during this time and we only had one income.  Eventually got into a special forebearance program with the lmortgage company.  Faxed and wrote mortgage company 2 weeks ago for GW he said they couldn't do it because it was against the law.  So, are these really hurting my scores, oldest is about 5 years and the newest is about 3.5 years? 

01/04   30
05/03   30
04/03   30
03/03   30
02/03   30
01/03   60
11/02   60

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Mtg. Payments Are They Still hurting my Fico scores?

They are not hurting you that badly.
The last 2 years have the biggest factor.

Good news is that most of these drop off next spring.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tim, but I thought they would stay on for 7-7.5 years?  Am I confusing that with something else?

Message Edited by myhearts07 on 08-06-2007 08:01 AM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

no my math is messed up this early ..
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the statement that I can use when the OC says that they can't remove information because it is illegal?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like to say, "I know you have been instructed to tell customers that re-reporting accounts is illegal. However, that is not the case at all. I would recommend your reading the FCRA to clarify your reporting obligations."  Then say, " My dad's an attorney!" JK!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.