Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Affect

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late Payment Affect

Hi , how much time affect late payments ? i know stay for 7 years but about time effect , i have 3 lates (90) with student loans , march 2013. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: Late Payment Affect

Do you mean score wise or how creditors look at it? After two years, the lates seem to hurt less. Have you looked at the Rebuilding Forum and tried writing some goodwill letters to have those lates removed? This is a good place to start: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Sto...

Good luck! Smiley Happy

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 2 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi , how much time affect late payments ? i know stay for 7 years but about time effect , i have 3 lates (90) with student loans , march 2013. 

Probably 5+ years for 90 days.  Saw someone at the 7ish year mark who had scores near 800 so I suspect it was done and overwith as far as the lates went, whereas tax liens and BK's keep your score much lower (probably due to bucketing) until they're fully gone.

        
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ask them if i can explain the reason for the lates and they say the only form to maybe remove them if im in the college again or im in the army. the real reasons for the lates because i leave the university in december 2012 to help in my house with my fathers health and they really not send any information , i just receive a letter when my account reach the 90 days late , then i make my account in the internet and start the deferment , in that time when the lates start my father died and not pay much attention about anything. 

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I ask them if i can explain the reason for the lates and they say the only form to maybe remove them if im in the college again or im in the army. the real reasons for the lates because i leave the university in december 2012 to help in my house with my fathers health and they really not send any information , i just receive a letter when my account reach the 90 days late , then i make my account in the internet and start the deferment , in that time when the lates start my father died and not pay much attention about anything. 

Keep writing the letters anyway, check Rebuilding forum.  Sounds like you might have a chance if they're willing to consider it at all.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.