Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Fall off....

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Late Payment Fall off....

I have a couple of late payments on my credit report from 2009. Will they fall off after seven years, which would be next Sept.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late Payment Fall off....

Not necessarily.

The CRAs actually have 7 years 180 days, although usually remove at 7 years. They may also remove earlier.
Look up goodwill letters in the rebuilding forums. Some CAs or Original Creditors can and do goodwill deletions of lates based on current standing good payment history.
Message 2 of 5
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

I have tried the goodwill route. Their response, was that they couldn't remove the late payment, but they would remove the entire account, which had many years of on time payments, so I declined. It was Chase, and I had a 30, and 60 day late on our car payment.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 3 of 5
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Personally if it was me I would just wait it out, its not as if its a major derog, just a few minor late pmts. GL!!

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Monthly delinquencies have an exclusion period of no later than 7 years from their respecitve dates of delinquency.

The exclusion period of 7 years plus 180 days only applies to charge-offs and collections, and runs from the DOFD on the OC account

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.