Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late pay deletion with GW letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late pay deletion with GW letter

Just stumbled on this site this morning and have learned more in a couple hours than I have in a couple months of my own research.  I have a car loan through a Credit Union.  We fell on some hard times, daughter was in the hospital for four months, and during that time we missed a car pmt.  We just missed the one month and have paid by our due date ever since, but we have continually showed as 30 days late because the pmt we make "on time" every month is applied to the previous months past due.  Hope that makes sense.  We are now in a position to double pay this month, which will get us caught up.  Should we go ahead and make the pmt and then send the GW letter to try to get the late notices deleted, or let them know our intentions first?  Thanks again for the help.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Re: Late pay deletion with GW letter

I don't know that there's a big difference.  It may help to call and talk to someone.  Explain your situation just as you have below.  The problem, I guess, w/ contacting them before payment is that if you get someone willing to make a GW adjustment, they're not going to do it until payment has hit your account.  You may have to call back once the payment is made.

I would probably make the payment and catch-up first.  Then, send a GW letter and follow-up w/ a phone call explaining your situation.  If you're turned down, keep trying.  You may catch someone in a giving/forgiving mood.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late pay deletion with GW letter

Hi austin! Welcome to the forum. Here you will find a wealth of information to help you to improve your credit situation.

I agree. Why don't you call the lender and explain the situation like you did in your original post, and offer to make that back payment in exchange for deleting the late? After all, what harm can it do? There's no guarantee they will accept your offer, but worth the try imo.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.