Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late payment reported to only one credit bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Late payment reported to only one credit bureau

Hello. I Capital One is reporting 2 consecutive late payments, but is only reporting it to Transunion. I honestly don't remember ever paying late, so hopefully I can get it figured out. But, my real question is, why is it on only one report, and not the other 3?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Late payment reported to only one credit bureau

Your guess is as good as any other.  The creditor could have reported it to only 1 for some odd reason or a glitch, or the reported information could have simply only been updated by TU and not the other 2 bureaus.  I've had accounts where on one bureau it was clean, the other showed a 120 day late and the third it showed a 60 day late.  All dramatically different, but the same account.

Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Late payment reported to only one credit bureau

Likely a glitch.  I have a 30D late which I did earn which is listed on TU but not on EX / EQ. 

Got lucky for once, not poking the bear or doing anything else will just sit and wait out the clock on that one.  If you didn't earn them (look at your payment and balance history on that account) then of course address it, but if you did earn them... well, with how everything is setup having 1 bureau dirty isn't really a penalty at all, and in general TU is less important for the vast majority of consumers so take it as a win.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.