Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Law Firms?

tag
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Law Firms?

Has anyone any experience with these law firms that advertise as helping to repair your credit? Reading between the lines, what they apparently do is the same thing any individual could do on their own - that is, write the letters over and over again until results are achieved.

Am I reading this wrong?
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Law Firms?

I am having great success in just 3 months.  I've had 4 deletions off each CB.  But I do know that you can do the same thing (write letters, etc.).  I believe they are more successful because they stay on top of it.  I filed BK13 just 7 months ago, and my score has raised 28 points already. 
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHICH LAW FIRM DID YOU USE?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experienced opinion as a former customer of "Ovation Law"... these firms have some slick marketing stuff and all, but once you're "inside the door" you'll find they have no incentive (and they show it!) to expedite anything nor do they have any sense of urgency.

Add to that the fact that you still have to do a lot of the work on your own, answering their repeated emails, ranking your disputes in order of priority and sending them a multitude of credit report copies, and it just doesn't make sense to hire a law firm to do something you can now do fairly easily for yourself. Those firms seem intent on keeping you around for the monthly fees and stuff.

Overall, I found them to be a waste of a lot of money.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bradley Ross Law Firm -  They communicate very well with you, and they only charge you if they do something for you in that month.  If they don't send communication to the CB's, they don't charge.  But they are on their job, that's for sure. 
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't have to rate anything on my cr.  All I have to do is send any responses from the CB's to them  as soon as I receive them.  That' s all I've had to do.  And they have a website where I can go to to see any updates/changes.  They are really great.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.