Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lay it all out for me...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lay it all out for me...

My EQ score has risen from 579 (12/14/06) to 631 as of 7/6/07.   That's 52 points.  I am not sure about the others.  I am too poor right now to shell out the money to purchase them.  I do know that my scores in December of last year for the others were EX-527 and TU- 604.  As far as I know, most of my increase came after I starting coming here. THANKS ALL!  My first MYFICO score was 602 in the middle of June. And of course it increased 29 points since I've been here.   NOW, since December,  I have had a C/O drop off.  I have had a judgement appear AND satisfied.  I have had 2 medical collections age off.  All of my payments with my new mortgage company have been on time.  The ONLY things left that I have to resolve are SEVERAL medical collections and a collection for a utility bill.  A few of the smaller collections I can pay.  The utility I have disputed with the CRA's several times because I am positive that I have never had an account with any propane company (my credit was never good enough to get one. LOL).  But, It continues to vome back verified. There is also a second judgement which I have paid half of, but of course, is still showing the original amount.  I have purchased a car, but that is not showing on my report yet.  And that pesky late from my old mortgage company which appears will haunt me forever.  I have not applied for a CC yet, except Walmart.   All of you know, however, that I was turned down flat for that.  What, o great credit repair friends, should I do next?  This has become an obsession for me.  My goal is to become prime enough to refi my mortgage again and have some extra $$ to pay of the rest of my medical collections.  Or actually, having a little bit of extra to enjoy myself would be nice.    Love to all of you.  BTW, this board shows much more encouragement than "the other one".   
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lay it all out for me...

Smiley Wink  I'll do my best: 

1.  Have you pulled your free reports this year?  When you do, you are given the option to obtain your scores, as well, for $5-$6.  If you can only afford one score other than Equifax, I'd go with TU, as that is probably  higher than it was when you last checked it.  Just be careful not to go on the site Experian advertises offering free annual credit reports.  You will unwittingly get roped into signing up for Credit Monitorring, through EX, and you don't want that! 

2.  PFD the medical collections and DV the utility by CMRRR.  Make them prove it was your account by manually investigating the account. 

3.  As for the judgment, and I've done this, contact the OC  by GW and ask that it be removed from your credit reports.   

4.  The outstanding judgment will probably report the full amount until it is paid off, as such debts report the highest amount owed, which is generally the original amount of the debt.  Some may know more than I do, about such things.

5.  For Pete's sake!  Don't feel bad about Walmart!  My scores were in teh 640s when I applied and they turned me down.  That's okay because BOA approved me for a Visa a couple of days later.  Have you considered Orchard Bank or First Premier, which comes with a myriad of fees, but it sure helped me!  My scores were in the high 500s when I applied with FP, and I've no complaints.  They well served the purpose.  You might also consider the Target Red Card.  They've been pretty lenient, so long as your score is somewhere near 600.

6.  As for refinancing your mortgage, are looking for prime? Scores in the lower to mid 600s will get you a subprime. 

I hope this helps, and again, pros, critique this, please.

me
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great advice Mercy!!  You rock!

And oh boy did I get roped into that site that EX advertises a couple of years ago...charges started appearing out of nowhere in my bank account.  Had hell stopping it too!

daytona...I know I sound like a broken record but check out www.mycccu.com  AWESOME AWESOME people there.  There are several threads dedicated to them.  They are concerned more about DTI and really work with you ~ giving you the oppourtunity to explain some of the baddies.  They pull EX.

Good luck to ya!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

MercyMe wrote:
Smiley Wink  I'll do my best: 

1.  Have you pulled your free reports this year?  When you do, you are given the option to obtain your scores, as well, for $5-$6. If you can only afford one score other than Equifax, I'd go with TU, as that is probably  higher than it was when you last checked it. Will call Monday. At that price I can afford. Just be careful not to go on the site Experian advertises offering free annual credit reports.  You will unwittingly get roped into signing up for Credit Monitorring, through EX, and you don't want that! 

2.  PFD the medical collections and DV the utility by CMRRR. DV goes to CA, right?  Make them prove it was your account by manually investigating the account. 

3.  As for the judgment, and I've done this, contact the OC  by GW and ask that it be removed from your credit reports.   That would be great.  It fell off of EX with no explanation. 

4.  The outstanding judgment will probably report the full amount until it is paid off, as such debts report the highest amount owed, which is generally the original amount of the debt.  Some may know more than I do, about such things.  Who does the CRA actually verify with if I dispute?  I was thinking the first judgement is old and I have been working to pay them off (paying CA), of course judgement is listed from the OC.

5.  For Pete's sake!  Don't feel bad about Walmart!  My scores were in teh 640s when I applied and they turned me down.  That's okay because BOA approved me for a Visa a couple of days later.  Have you considered Orchard Bank or First Premier, which comes with a myriad of fees, but it sure helped me!  My scores were in the high 500s when I applied with FP, and I've no complaints.  They well served the purpose.  You might also consider the Target Red Card. Tried that and...OMG...approved.  Don't know for how much or if they even told me, I was so exited I actually closed the window and can't get back to it.  LOL. They've been pretty lenient, so long as your score is somewhere near 600.

6.  As for refinancing your mortgage, are looking for prime? Scores in the lower to mid 600s will get you a subprime. Gosh, I thought anything over 620 was prime.  WHAAA!!  DH EX score is at 656.  We don't know his others either. 

I hope this helps, and again, pros, critique this, please.  It does help....Kims, I will apply to CCCU...been to the site several times and chickened out.  LOL.  Someone said they will give you EX score if you ask.  CC score?  Or fico?  Thanks all!  Lifted my spirits, that's why I love it here!

me

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.