Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Legislative Security freeze?

I placed a security freeze due to the fact someone compromised my wife's info, I placed one on my CR cause.... why not?? You can never be too safe,

Does "legislative security freeze" mean creditors need to have my permission via 10 digit security code??.

I tried right now placing a freeze to see what it would say and it told me "permanently remove", "give access to specific creditor", and "unfreeze for specific date range".

I don't have the 10 digit code? I was never mailed one..
Valued Contributor

Re: Legislative Security freeze?

This is Equifax by the way Smiley Happy

Creditplz wrote:
I placed a security freeze due to the fact someone compromised my wife's info, I placed one on my CR cause.... why not?? You can never be too safe,

Does "legislative security freeze" mean creditors need to have my permission via 10 digit security code??.

I tried right now placing a freeze to see what it would say and it told me "permanently remove", "give access to specific creditor", and "unfreeze for specific date range".

To app with a freeze you need to give the code to the creditor as you will be denied for unable to access report. The number comes on a letter from the CRA indicating you have made the freeze or via email if you have chosen communication that way. If you didnt get I suggest you contact EQ,

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne
Frequent Contributor

Creditplz wrote:

This means you already have a freeze on your CR

They usually provide it when you place a freeze online.  If you forget your PIN to lift a freeze, I think you can lift it by mail -- you'll have to send in a bunch of identification documents. 

Valued Contributor

Ughhhh Smiley Sad only me... I'll give them a call once I leave my office
Highlighted

Years ago I had my reports frozen and I also lost one of my PINs (I don't recall which bureau). 

It wasn't the end of the world - hey, these things happen - but I did have to request a new one by mail.  It definitely taught me a lesson... from then until I lifted the freezes permanently I kept the PINs with my birth certificate and car title.

Here's the info on replacement PINs specific to EQ:  https://help.equifax.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/240/~/replacement-for-lost-security-freeze-pin

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.