cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legitimate loan for poor/bad credit?

tag
Skylily4ever

Legitimate loan for poor/bad credit?

Right now, my credit score is 639. I make about $35,000 a year. This last year has been really bad, I got hurt at work which landed us with several hospital bills. I was off work for 3 months, and was only paid half of my weekly paychecks. Because of this we got behind on bills, and racked our credit cards up trying to pay them off. Now we have at least 8 different medical bills, if not more, that require a $50 minimum payment each month on every bill. Between that, the racked up credit cards, and bills we're still trying to pay off, the credit score went down, and we had a few bills sent to collections. We aren't able to pay that much every month on every single bill. What we want to do is get a personal loan for 5-6,000 and use that to pay off all of the bills. Then pay off the loan with as much as we can every month, and completely pay it off in March when we get a bonus in. The problem is that we can't find a legitimate loan ANYWHERE for the 639 credit score. We understand the interest will be higher, but we believe this is the best option for us. Does anybody know of any legitimate places that would take us for a loan? We tried peer to peer lending places online, like prosper, but still were denied. Please, if you know of anywhere, we'd appreciate it.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Legitimate loan for poor/bad credit?

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sorry to hear about your injuries and hopefully you are mending.  If you haven't already done so, I would talk to your hospitals billing department.  most if not all, have charity programs and/or payment arrangements that will help.  

If you are a member of a CU, seek a personal loan with them explaining the situation and that the higher util was due to no fault of your own.  Prosper, Lending Club etc are good alternatives but they msy not be able to approve when the util is extremely high.

If you have friends or family that might be able to assist with a short term loan, that's also an option. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.