Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender Equifax report is different than my husband's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lender Equifax report is different than my husband's

One bank shows a home equity on both reports but the lender's report shows a different late payment listing than my husband's current Equifax report. We were relocated by my husband's company and would not have owned the property at the time a late payment is showing on the lender's report. I called the lender and basically they don't care, I called the relocation company and they are willing to help and are offering help but the lender states that the only way is to get it off the credit report. Let alone how rude the lender has been, we are beside ourselves wondering how we as borrowers can ever be treated fairly. The Lender's report says "CREDCO Instant Merge Credit Report. I wonder if I can dispute with them? Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Lender Equifax report is different than my husband's

I think the CREDCO report is merged from all 3 reports.  Each one of the 3 CRA can have diffrent info so you would need to check all 3.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I know it's a tri-merge report but the point is I don't understand how or why the lender's Equifax report shows something different than my husband's Equifax report. The other 2 CRAs seem to be OK. That fact makes me very distrustful of the whole credit/lending industry and how we are only a number. I went to CREDCO.com and entered a dipute, we'll see what happens.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the truest, pure-ist report it must be pulled directly from the source CRA. Any other third party-including the reports on MyFico can have omissions, additions and mistakes.

You need to dispute directly w/ the original CRA and the tri-merge co.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I entered a dispute on line with CREDCO regarding the EQ report. But I still don't understand how the two EQ reports can be different. Both pulled on the same SSN and around the same time how can CREDCO show something different. It's not a timing thing because it's an issue dating back to 2005.

Help.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.