Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender refuses to report loan payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lender refuses to report loan payments

I have a discharged BK as of Jan 2005. I was not represented by counsel. I signed an intent to reaffirm my car loan in the petition, but was not told I had to sign a legal document to make the intent reality. The lender did not send me any reaffirmation papers either. I established the loan in June 2003. I have continued to pay faithfully on time on the account using their online account services. In June, it will be 4 years of pymt history w/o even 1 late pymt. Since the BK, it is my only line of credit, or so I thought.

I tried to find an apartment and was declined. I found out my Experian score was only 595. I pulled my credit report from all 3 bureaus and learned the lender I've been paying my car loan to has not been reporting my pymts to the bureaus. Not only have they not been reporting it, they also have completely erased my pymt history prior to the bankruptcy (I got the car in June 03 and the BK was filed in Sept 04)! I called and told them they were not reporting it and they initially said they would transmit the info to the credit bureaus in 5-7 days. That was Feb 21st. I called today and after several calls and associates was told they could not report my pymts because my debt was discharged. I asked what happened to my pymt history prior to the BK and they said because they were not listed in the Schedule F, it is like my debt never existed. The reason they weren't in the Schedule F is because I signed the intent to reaffirm, so it isn't like they weren't addressed in the BK.

So my ?s are...they were reporting my pymts prior to the BK. Is it legal for them to delete my pre-BK history because they weren't in the Schedule F? Are they allowed to report my account activity prior to the BK and then choose not to report my account activity because of the discharge? How is the fair credit reporting? Report one day because it suits them and not the next because legally they can only reposses the car if I don't pay? Someone please help! My credit score would be much better if this nearly 4 yr installment loan was being reported.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.