cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenders that offer Free FICO scores!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Lenders that offer Free FICO scores! PSECU applied!

@DaveSignal wrote:

PSECU is the only credit union I know of that openly advertises that they will give out regular free Experian FICO scores.  AFAIK, nobody else does it for EX. 

This is correct, the only other way to get it is from mortgage / credit card pulls.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 25
android01
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@DaveSignal wrote:

PSECU is the only credit union I know of that openly advertises that they will give out regular free Experian FICO scores.  AFAIK, nobody else does it for EX. 

This is correct, the only other way to get it is from mortgage / credit card pulls.

It also seems as though most credit card pulls include some form of propritory insitutional scoring system that may not be a true FICO score, but still based on the data provided from EX, EQ, and TU.  Mortgage apps are pretty much straight up FICO scores from what I've read. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 22 of 25
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Thats pretty cool that PSECU only does SP for new acct. Does anyone know for sure if DCU does HP or SP for new Accts, im pretty interested in joining? They seem pretty good.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 23 of 25
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:

Thats pretty cool that PSECU only does SP for new acct. Does anyone know for sure if DCU does HP or SP for new Accts, im pretty interested in joining? They seem pretty good.

I would expect a HP for membership at any credit union unless you specifically hear otherwise from someone who has done it first hand.... and even then, it could still possibly be a HP for you even though it wasn't for someone else.  You have to be willing to take the risk of an inq for the benefit membership will get you.  I would definately make sure you are eligible for DCU before applying or you could be wasting a HP for nothing.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 24 of 25
djrez4
Established Contributor

DCU is a hard pull.  They let you join any of a plethora of organizations to become eligible.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.