Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club Pre Approval in the Mail

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Lending Club Pre Approval in the Mail

I received a Lending Club pre-approval in the mail this weekend.  I just entered the pre approval code and it appears they do a hard pull as you have to authorize them to access your credit reports.  I read on previous threads that it is a soft pull??  Is this still true?

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lending Club Pre Approval in the Mail

From my experience it is a soft pull to get your rate. If you accept an offer it becomes a hard pull.
Message 2 of 8
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@jason86423 wrote:
From my experience it is a soft pull to get your rate. If you accept an offer it becomes a hard pull.

Thanks Jason

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lending Club is only a soft pull, even if you accept. Prosper is a soft and then a hard.

Message 4 of 8
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lending Club is only a soft pull, even if you accept. Prosper is a soft and then a hard.

+ 1 Lending Club is always a SP.

Message 5 of 8
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Thanks guys!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lc has helped me out a great deal if you make 6 months of payments they offer a second loan that may or may not be able to refinance your original one. keep in mind when you do get a personal loan and use it to pay off credit cards your scores will jump up a great deal because the Lending Club loan will not show up for a month quite often, but your cc's will be paid! you time it right it will give you wiggle room to slam a second payment on the loan if you desire as well.
Message 7 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

I received a Lending Club pre-approval in the mail this weekend.  I just entered the pre approval code and it appears they do a hard pull as you have to authorize them to access your credit reports.  I read on previous threads that it is a soft pull??  Is this still true?

Yeah, but IMHO more important than a SP vs HP is the terms, and I recommend shopping around with other peer 2 peer lenders. I was looking for a personal loan last summer, I still owed over $3k on a Barclays BT that was about to become 22.9% instead of 0%. I was getting LC pre-approvals in the mail all the time so I tried them first. FICO was in the mid 600s, DTI & income OK. LC offered me 25.9% APR, no thank you! Tried Prosper next and they gave me 10.89%, took that offer, worth the HP. .

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.