Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club question.

tag
legacys7
Regular Contributor

Lending Club question.

Does anyone knowing anything about them as far as good and bad? I'm getting a few letters from them, with the opportunity to get a loan. Normally I avoid these letters, but I  was thinking about applying for a loan to consolidate my bills and have one payment vs multiple ones. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

Re: Lending Club question.

Lending Club does peer-to-peer lending  like Prosper. I recently obtained an installment loan from LC. You apply  and then wait for investors to fund the loan. Once the loan is funded, you are informed if you are approved. After approval, the process is really fast. After verification and uploading a couple of paystubs, my loan was in my bank account in a few days. Interest rates vary depending on your profile. The only complaints I've seen about LC tend to be from people who received preapproval letters but were subsequently denied. LC by the way only does an SP - I forget which CRA. So you don't have anything to lose by applying. It reports as an installment loan.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 2 of 4
legacys7
Regular Contributor

@AzaleaB wrote:

Lending Club does peer-to-peer lending  like Prosper. I recently obtained an installment loan from LC. You apply  and then wait for investors to fund the loan. Once the loan is funded, you are informed if you are approved. After approval, the process is really fast. After verification and uploading a couple of paystubs, my loan was in my bank account in a few days. Interest rates vary depending on your profile. The only complaints I've seen about LC tend to be from people who received preapproval letters but were subsequently denied. LC by the way only does an SP - I forget which CRA. So you don't have anything to lose by applying. It reports as an installment loan.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Message 3 of 4
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

SP on TU .

Good luck!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.