Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lending Club?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lending Club?

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I've searched everywhere including googled about this company. Last night I got an email saying they weren't able to approve me for a loan at this time. It gives me a link for my "Account Summary"  to log in to see the Adverse Action Notice to see why they denied me.  So my concern is that I've never applied with them nor with any lenders for personal loans. I didn't even know who they were until last night!  I'm hoping this is spam.  Anyone with similar experience? I'm keeping an eye on my credit reports. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lending Club?

Sounds like a phishing attempt.

Message 2 of 11
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Sound like identity theft
BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 3 of 11
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Check your CR's for INQ's. If none then its a phishing scam.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditwiser wrote:

Check your CR's for INQ's. If none then its a phishing scam.

They'll have a hard time doing that. Lending Club is a soft pull.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, will be keeping an eye for this. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally I can tell most spam or phishing emails, but this one looks pretty legit.  What a pita 

Message 7 of 11
epsilon
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. I've searched everywhere including googled about this company. Last night I got an email saying they weren't able to approve me for a loan at this time. It gives me a link for my "Account Summary"  to log in to see the Adverse Action Notice to see why they denied me.  So my concern is that I've never applied with them nor with any lenders for personal loans. I didn't even know who they were until last night!  I'm hoping this is spam.  Anyone with similar experience? I'm keeping an eye on my credit reports. 

I did check my personal loan rate on lendin tree, and i got different application status e-mails from different lenders like Lending Club, Prosper, Avant Credit. But i didnt apply for anything, prosper sent me decline reasons with my EX scoreSmiley Happy

Current Score: EQ 695 | TU 720| EX 669 4/9/15 MyFico 08
Goal Score: EQ/TU/EX +740

CL: Capital One Venture 10K Amex BCE 6K Discover 9K, BOA 123 7.3K, Chase United 5K, Chase INK 5K, BBVA NBA Amex 4.5K, Chase Freedom 3.3K, Barclay Ring 3K, Barclay Rewards 2K, AMEX ED 1.8K, CapitalOne QS 1.7K , Capital One MC 1.5K, Capital One QS1 1.2K
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@epsilon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I did check my personal loan rate on lendin tree, and i got different application status e-mails from different lenders like Lending Club, Prosper, Avant Credit. But i didnt apply for anything, prosper sent me decline reasons with my EX scoreSmiley Happy

If you apped with Lending Tree, you may have gotten hit with a bunch of hard pulls. All Lending Tree does is pass along your info to multiple lenders, not all of whom are nice people like Prosper and Lending Club.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@epsilon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you apped with Lending Tree, you may have gotten hit with a bunch of hard pulls. All Lending Tree does is pass along your info to multiple lenders, not all of whom are nice people like Prosper and Lending Club.

I went ahead and contacted them letting them know the situation and inquiring more information they have from me. They responded quickly and said I apped on March 25th and not to worry because it was a soft pull. The big issue here is that I still did not go to any of those sites to apply for anything. They did say that they are also partner with Credit Karma  and that's the only site I have been to that's related to them. Again, I've not clicked on any of their recommended products nor loans.  

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.