Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of Credit History

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Length of Credit History

You have been on our files since12/1977. Is this my length of credit history? How bout if it said since 09/2008? I have 2 different TU cr's, One has just my last name, other has the SR. at the end . I was cleaning up old outdated info, and variations of my name spelling. Normally i would not care, but in this case, the report with SR. after my name has three of my high TL's on it, but are NOT on the report listing my name without the SR. after it. One report that is correct is dated 10/07/2008. The WRONG one is dated 10/03/2008. What to do? And does it look like my total credit history time has been cut? I also deleted all old addresses and phone #'s. Thanks Much.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Length of Credit History

Do you think you inadvertently created a second history for yourself by removing some of your identifying information? My name is listed as my military rank as my first name with my last name on one of my reports(Like Captain Boo instead of AmyBoo) but since all the other information was the same as what is reported on the other two I just decided to let it slide.

Now Im really glad I did. Make sure you report any information you find about that back here. I am curious to find out what or how that happened!

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think you inadvertently created a second history for yourself by removing some of your identifying information? My name is listed as my military rank as my first name with my last name on one of my reports(Like Captain Boo instead of AmyBoo) but since all the other information was the same as what is reported on the other two I just decided to let it slide.

Now Im really glad I did. Make sure you report any information you find about that back here. I am curious to find out what or how that happened!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Surprised AmyBoo, You are right that is exactly what i did. when i disputed variations on my name, they created TWO different files on me. All the info is the same on both files. Except my best two TL's were moved onto the "new" report. Now its as if I am TWO DIFFERENT people, with DIFFEREENT credit history!! Experts please chime in, now that i have failed at self help credit repair HA! Do I call the cra's and try to explain? Try another dispute? YEP, I just proved it again. That nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool. Yay! go team. I have a gravely ill wife at home,and a boardmember helped me to see, that now more than ever good credit will be important to me. would ya'll tell me how to undo this mess? Thanks Much.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.