cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of time student loans should be reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No skippy they are not.  If a creditor reports negative i...

No skippy they are not.  If a creditor reports negative information on any account they must report the entire payment history.  HOWEVER once a debt is sold to colelctions, the only thing that IS reported is negative information because that is the only relationship you've had with that collector.  In other words, it is not the original creditor reporting so your positive payment history is not reported, they have sold the debt so the only info is the collection info. 

I'm not saying if they sell the debt to a collection agency, they have to report the positive info because in all reality they are not reporting th negative.  A colelctor has to give you the opportunity to make the debt right by notifying you that it has been placed for collection. But if you have a credit card or any other loan, an the only thing they report re your 30 day lates or overlimits, (from the original loan holder or creditor) they are breaking the law.
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ROFL!  You're better off trying to empty the Pacific Ocea...

Skiffy wrote:
Sorry, they are permitted to report only negative information.

I wish there were a requirement to report positive information, but there isn't.

However, we're certainly free to lobby on our behalf with congress.

ROFL!  You're better off trying to empty the Pacific Ocean with a bucket than trying to get Congress to do anything.  At least trying to empty the ocean will keep you in good physical condition, and you'll likely finish it sooner.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.